*** Reading & Studying will NEVER be the same! ***
Welcome to MarginNote. This is a highly powerful reading and study software and is applicable to Mac, iPad, and iPhone. By integrating the PDF/EPUB reader and multiple powerful study tools, MarginNote will enable learners to reorganize and connect knowledge from different aspects, then memorize and grasp it accordingly.
Whatever your profession, such as student, educator, researcher, lawyer, or life-long learner, you may annotate and take notes through MarginNote, organize notes via Mindmap and Outline, connect knowledge horizontally via Hashtag and raise memory effect via the Flashcards.
You will discover what MarginNote does is not to simply integrate these tools. Instead, it combines them deeply and skillfully, which makes it easier for users to toggle between different tools.
=== MarginNote FEATURES ===
- Support PDF and EPUB format;
- Show book notes and links at page margin;
- Converting Web page into EPUB via Safari or embedded web browser;
- Support adding many books (materials) into one notebook;
Annotating and NoteTaking:
- Support text highlight and rectangular highlight;
- Sketch on book page directly for highlight;
- Add notes directly at the page margin; the note editing area will not overlap with the book content at all;
- Text, voice, picture, sketching and many other forms of comments in note;
- Add hashtags to notes to facilitate the connection of notes;
Outline and Mindmap:
- Outline and Mindmap in one view;
- Create Outline tree by swipe gestures;
- Multi-selection editing such as group, merge, clone, etc;
- Quick searching and filtering according to colors, hashtags, books.
- Highlights and notes can be automatically turned into flashcards for review;
- Spaced repetition adopting the Anki-based algorithm;
- Switch to the linking book page at any time;
- Simply sketch on the page highlight to serve as the question of the flashcard;
- Text to speech for flashcards;
iPad Pro & Apple pencil:
- Split View of multiple tasks;
- High-precision drawing by Apple pencil;
- MarginNote has been fine tuned for Apple pencil. With intuitive design, user can scroll page by one finger and draw by pencil;
- Optimize the keyboard operations to a great extent. The shotcuts combination such as “TAB+ENTER” leads to efficient input during writing;
Import, Export and Sync:
- Import webpages and notes from Evernote;
- Export flashcards to Anki;
- Export Outline to OmniOutliner;
- Export Mindmap to iThoughts or MindManager;
- Export to Evernote;
- Export all the margin notes, MindManager, Outline and related PDF/EPUB to a printable PDF;
- Sync books¬es with iCloud;
- No limit on the number of highlights/notes.
- No limit on exporting.(Evernote / Anki / OmniOutliner / MindManager / PDF / Word)
- Enable books in split views.
== IT’S ABOUT STREAMLINING AND ENERGIZING YOUR NOTE TAKING PROCESS ==
MarginNote is the only note taking app you’ll ever need! Staying organized, engaged, and in-control just got really simple and effective: MarginNote!
Feel free to drop us a line! We’re always listening to your suggestions to improve MarginNote! If you have any issues with the app, just contact us and we will help you!
Fix the issue of adapting to iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
For pleasure reading or research, this is THE ONE
I’m super picky about reading apps and have probably spent 150 over the years trying various ones. Previously settled on liquid text and goodreader for pdf and Marvin for ePub, but the latest updates on this app have allowed me to put all my pleasure reading ePub and pdf research in one place.
I’m a novice developer and seeing the update cycle and continual features on this app is inspiring.
I updated my iPad to a beta version of iOS and had a problem with ePub and the developer made it marginenotes compatible with it almost immediately after an email.
This one is miles ahead of other reading apps. So many ways to pleasantly read including a night mode and the export options if you take notes are top notch. I also use simple mind for mindmaps and Anki to review things, but I might even drop those and keep everything here.
It’s like a Swiss Army knife in that you can read, review, export, etc etc. love it for research and wish I would have had this in school. Just get it.
Review from experience
I have been using this app for almost two years. This app has the potential to be the best app for note taking!!! No note taking app is like marginnote in regards to hashtag note taking. It could be the indispensable to students,medical professionals.....
The problem I have with this app is speed! As the notes get larger the app becomes very slow and crashes frequently. I hope you guys can fix this,otherwise it’s an awesome app
Great app 👍 🥓
This is a great app, i use it all the time to condense articles down to just the information I want. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of, and there are still some aspects of it that I need to understand, but haven’t for lack of need.
My one big wish it that it would export to MarkDown. Losing the highlight color would not matter, I just want the structured text that I have gathered.
When exporting, I wish there were an option to export without the highlight colors & links so I don’t have remove the background colors and links in other apps. I just want the text.
Highly recommended app for anyone who reads and gathers/takes notes.
- Sun Min
- 105.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2017 Sun Min. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.