Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
EarthNC Marine Charts delivers a complete chart plotter solution on your iPhone and iPad. No other app delivers the same ease of use, depth of data, and range of features.
* All US NOAA charts included - No regional restrictions or individual charts to pay for and manage. Covers all NOAA Coastal, Great Lakes, and US Territories (USVI, Puerto Rico, etc...). Most inland rivers and lakes are NOT charted by NOAA and are not included in this app.
* Most up-to-date charts - Our charts are automatically updated every 7 days directly from NOAA's servers.
* Online / Offline support - Not connected? Use our offline map downloads and POIs for voyages when you aren't connected to the internet.
* Best Marine Route Creation - Create multi-point routes with named waypoints via tap, drag, & drop. Export routes as GPX files via email for use in other programs. Edit saved routes.
* Get guidance along routes and to waypoints. Guidance includes leg distance and heading, cross track error, total distance, and time to go.
* Integrated weather - We provide real-time weather and tide lookup including marine forecast, NOAA weather buoys, airport observations, and 3-day tides. Now with Baron's Velocity Radar Overlay!
Other great features include:
* Fully indexed NOAA vector data, including markers, lights, tides, and nautical place names
* Up-to-date marina, anchorage, and bridge listings from CruisersNet.net, Marina Life, and Waterway Guide
* Record waypoints and tracks, and display real-time stats and graphs
* Touch map markers for tide, weather, and POI info
* Import and export GPX data, to plan and chronicle trips - use www.earthnc.com to create routes as GPX files
* View auxiliary map sources, such as satellite imagery, and USGS Topo maps
* Decimal/DMS/DDM/MGRS/UTM coordinates, metric/imperial/nautical units
* In-App subscription to 5 minute Baron Radar with live Lightening strikes, Current and Forecast SST maps, and Wave Height maps.
* Subscriptions to Premium Weather are available for $17.99 per month
* Premium Weather Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each month as follows:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly or yearly rate at the time of renewal.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.0.6
* Fix crash when activating the heads up display
* Fix importing tracks/waypoints
Good stuff if you don't want to buy a Garmin
I bought this app instead of buying a cheap nav system for my jet ski. I have a full waterproof case/enclosure for my iPhone. I keep it in the front glove box. It works great, saved me around $250 but some of the features/settings and readability of the maps/charts can be irritating when you just want to quickly check your direction and location, especially in smaller connecting inlets around the inter coastal water way system. If the App creators are listening, perhaps you can make a quick reference button and leave the full fledged charts on this app to the sailers and bigger boats. I don't regularly read satellites, so something like google maps but for smaller boaters would be great.
Almost all you need
This has been my favorite app for sailing. I use it for trip planning and navigation. I have used it to navigate through narrow, unmarked channels using the earth view to help guide my boat. My only issue is that the weather radar overlays the chart, making it hard to read when there is heavy weather in the area.
I have this app installed on my ipad and now use it for everything but depth and autopilot. I can see the future of blue tooth networking and no need for fix-mounted nav equipment .
PS. For ipad users, a one gallon zip lock bag is a perfectly fitting, cheap way for moisture protection.
Used this app with my" Bad Elf " Bluetooth GPS system . We had a Raymarine chart plotter on the 45 foot sailboat we chartered out of St Petersburg,FL. Our setup ( Bad Elf and marine charts app ) worked way better than the boats Chartplotter, which was 5 years old and not updated. With this app and the " Bad Elf " we had complete control of our navigation durning our trip off shore and through the narrow channels like Pass A Grill sailing to Gulfport. Plus it was fun and easy to use. It worked flawlessly , blue tooth connection instantly to app, and no jumping or crashing of the app
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 21, 2013
- Version: 5.0.6
- Size: 34.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: EarthNC, Inc
- © EarthNC, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Weather with Lightning$17.99