Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
EarthNC Marine Charts delivers a complete chart plotter solution on your iPhone and iPad. No other app delivers the same ease of use, depth of data, and range of features.
* All US charts included - No regional restrictions or individual charts to pay for and manage. Covers all NOAA Coastal, Great Lakes, and US Territories (USVI, Puerto Rico, etc...) also Army Corps charted major inland rivers.
* Most up-to-date charts - Our charts are automatically updated every 7 days directly from NOAA's servers.
* Online / Offline support - Not connected? Use our offline map downloads and POIs for voyages when you aren't connected to the internet.
* Best Marine Route Creation - Create multi-point routes with named waypoints via tap, drag, & drop. Export routes as GPX files via email for use in other programs. Edit saved routes.
* Get guidance along routes and to waypoints. Guidance includes leg distance and heading, cross track error, total distance, and time to go.
* Integrated weather - We provide real-time weather and tide lookup including marine forecast, NOAA weather buoys, airport observations, and 3-day tides. Now with Baron's Velocity Radar Overlay!
Other great features include:
* Fully indexed NOAA vector data, including markers, lights, tides, and nautical place names
* Up-to-date marina, anchorage, and bridge listings from CruisersNet.net, Marina Life, and Waterway Guide
* Record waypoints and tracks, and display real-time stats and graphs
* Touch map markers for tide, weather, and POI info
* Import and export GPX data, to plan and chronicle trips - use www.earthnc.com to create routes as GPX files
* View auxiliary map sources, such as satellite imagery, USGS Topo maps, and OpenStreetMap road maps
* Decimal/DMS/DDM/MGRS/UTM coordinates, metric/imperial/nautical units
* In-App subscription to 5 minute Baron Radar with live Lightening strikes, Current and Forecast SST maps, and Wave Height maps.
* Subscriptions to Premium Weather are available for $17.99 per month
* Premium Weather Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each month as follows:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly or yearly rate at the time of renewal.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.0.6
* Fix crash when activating the heads up display
* Fix importing tracks/waypoints
When Earth NC fixed the missing tides they finally responded explaining the end of the year roll over problem was fixed and should not reoccur. I have been using the app daily and have found that it has an enormous set of track & recording features that put Garmin to shame. It has taken a month of use to discover them & a short summary of all the amazing things possible would make this app an absolute must for any outdoors person or regular traveler. A rating of 5 stars is a big understatement. I now give it a TEN for an I-Phone 4s user! Thanks Earth NC for a great program.
21 Feb 13 --- Still a very useful application and absolutely the best available particularly for marine use! Only Jeppesen can beat it with their much more expensive subscription service designed for commercial navigation use with the top line iPad.
I would appreciate EarthNC restoring the standard roadmap as it was earlier, for when I transition from the water to the roads. Because of its versatility Earth NC is much better than either MapQuest or the Apple map installed on the iPhone. Still I rate this as 10 stars if that were possible! Great work Earth NC.
22 Feb 14---- Missing tide detail problem has reoccurred!!!! Please fix it ASAP. Was on the water today for the first time after
the winter super cooling. Tried to do a tide check and there was nothing!!!!!
The new weather update is great...
What makes this app so great is their raster chart service. They update the entire US chart set each week and blend it all together into one seamless chart. It the smoothest, best chart app out there. The new weather feature still has some rough edges, but it makes for a great addition to already great product.
Great app but not perfected yet.
Had several crashes since apple updated their operating software.
All in all still a great versatile marine app for a great backup to your boat nav or a weekend rental. I really like that you are able to download a route area and thus not dependent on a cell or wireless signal for the app to still work or get you to your destination.
Great, fun and easy app for the money
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 21, 2013
- Version: 5.0.6
- Size: 34.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: EarthNC, Inc
- © EarthNC, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Weather with Lightning$17.99