MarineTraffic - Ship Tracking
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Marine Traffic displays near real-time positions of ships and yachts worldwide.
Connected to the largest network of AIS receivers, the app covers most major ports and shipping routes.
• View VESSELS ON THE LIVE MAP, search for ships, boats and seaports and see what's near you!
• More than 170,000 VESSELS PER DAY report their positions via MarineTraffic AIS
• View live wind and 48-hour WIND FORECASTS on the map
• ANIMATED PLAYBACK of vessel's track
• PORT ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES live for over 4,000 ports and marinas, current conditions in ports and estimated time of arrival for the boats & ships.
• Manage your list of vessels ("MY FLEET"), shared with all your devices and MarineTraffic.com
• Browse 2.5 MILLION PHOTOS of ships, harbors and lighthouses and much more! You can also upload photos to MarineTraffic directly from your device.
• CRUISE MODE: Track your position, speed and course as well as the positions of the vessels around you. View your projected course, the distance from the nearby vessels and many more.
• Identify vessels around you at a glance with the AUGMENTED REALITY tool (in-app purchase)
Just point your device's camera to the horizon and get all the information you need about vessels, ports and lighthouses in your area: name, flag, speed, distance from you and a lot more.
• Use the ROUTE PLANNER tool to plan a route on the map, measure distances and calculate ETA (in-app purchase)
Also, for MarineTraffic subscribers:
• NAUTICAL CHARTS
• SAT-AIS DATA
Join the great MarineTraffic community!
** If you're only interested in a specific area, please confirm coverage on www.marinetraffic.com before purchasing the app **
What's New in Version 3.6.2
• New layout for vessel details window
• Customizable units (speed, distance, temperature) and time display
• Quick view of vessels' positions on the map in distant zoom levels
• Additional satellite positions with limited information available on the map
• Display stations on the map
• Simpler photo upload procedure
• Include EXIF data to photos uploaded from gallery
• Various fixes, performance and interface improvements
Tracking Made Easy!
I’m an old Navy Radarman from before everything was computerized. This software has revolutionized the ocean shipping industry as far as being able to keep track of vessels of concern. I know we could have used this as an additional tool that would have proven itself in short order. I live in Belize and like to track the vessels coming down here from Florida so I can keep track of where items might be at that I’ve purchased and shipped down. It makes for a fun hobby too - kinda like train spotting used to be.
Worth every cent!
My parents have a cottage on Lake Huron in Michigan. We can see freighters and other boats out in the distance but not close enough to see their names and other details. Just open the app and you can find out what freighter or boat it is, see pictures, see where they are coming from and going and much more. It's great for anyone that likes boat and freighter watching especially if you live on the water.
Love this App!!!
I have used this app on at least three phones now and I love it. The one feature I wish they would fix is the issue where the AIS feature works well on wifi, but seems to have issues on cellular. This could be the cellular network blocking something, but this didn't used to be a problem with earlier versions of the app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 30, 2016
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Maltenoz Limited
- © MarineTraffic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Augmented Reality$2.99
- Route Planner$0.99