MarineTraffic Ships & Wind
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MarineTraffic displays real-time positions of ships worldwide. It has the largest network of stations around the globe and it covers a huge number of important shipping routes.
* The official iOS version of MarineTraffic.com is available as a Universal app (works on iPhone and iPad devices). Get it now with increased functionality. Browse the map with real-time ships positions based on Automatic Identification System (AIS), see the wind forecast, search for vessels and ports, manage your fleet and see what's near you!
* Watch the positions reported by more than 80000 vessels per day on an interactive map. The application provides worldwide coverage of more than 4000 ports and a significant number of open-sea areas.
* Port arrivals and departures are recorded in real-time. Search for current conditions in ports, vessel details, historical data and estimated time of arrivals.
* Maintain your list of vessels (My Fleet) which is available on both the iPhone/iPad and the web version.
* See the wind forecast on the live map.
* Look for all targets (vessels and ports) near your location!
* Browse the Photo gallery with more than 1 million pictures of vessels, ports and lighthouses.
What's New in Version 2.3.4
Excellent App!! Extremely Useful!!!
Couldn't believe this little app packed this much punch! You can track vessels, search for vessels, ports, and even get the vessels next/previous port of call!!
Now If it only provided pier/port characteristics and the ability to take a photo and upload directly to a queried vessel...it would be absolute perfect!!
Either way, I'm extremely satisfied and I'm advertising like crazy to bridge watch standers everywhere!
Not AIS but the next best thing
As a sailor I use this app often when moored. It gives a good picture of the traffic in whatever location we happen to be in. They have improved the app greatly so it is very useful and could serve as a backup if our onboard AIS system failed as long as we could we receive a wifi or cell signal.
Over all I like this app. If I was one to have to rely on this for my livelihood I don't think I'd use it. So far I haven't successfully tracked a ship. Not sure, but it seems to be a fairly long delay in showing the ship possibly and nothing seems to be current. I'll see a ship and pull this app out and it won't be there but way farther back than what I'm seeing with my eyes in the water. But anyway I like it because it is entertaining to a degree.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 28, 2014
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Maltenoz Limited
- © 2007 MarineTraffic.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.