MarineTraffic - Ship Tracking
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Marine Traffic displays near real-time positions of ships and yachts worldwide.
Connected to the largest network of AIS receivers, the app covers most major ports and shipping routes.
• View VESSELS ON THE LIVE MAP, search for ships, boats and seaports and see what's near you!
• More than 120,000 VESSELS PER DAY report their positions via MarineTraffic AIS
• View live wind and 48-hour WIND FORECASTS on the map
• ANIMATED PLAYBACK of vessel's track
• PORT ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES live for over 4,000 ports and marinas, current conditions in ports and estimated time of arrival for the boats & ships.
• Manage your list of vessels ("MY FLEET"), shared with all your devices and MarineTraffic.com
• Browse 2 MILLION PHOTOS of ships, harbors and lighthouses and much more! You can also upload photos to MarineTraffic directly from your device.
• CRUISE MODE: Track your position, speed and course as well as the positions of the vessels around you. View your projected course, the distance from the nearby vessels and many more.
• Identify vessels around you at a glance with the AUGMENTED REALITY tool (in-app purchase)
Just point your device's camera to the horizon and get all the information you need about vessels, ports and lighthouses in your area: name, flag, speed, distance from you and a lot more.
• Use the ROUTE PLANNER tool to plan a route on the map, measure distances and calculate ETA (in-app purchase)
Also, for MarineTraffic subscribers:
• NAUTICAL CHARTS
• SAT-AIS DATA
Join the great MarineTraffic community!
** If you're only interested in a specific area, please confirm coverage on www.marinetraffic.com before purchasing the app **
What's New in Version 3.5.7
• Enhanced ship details window
• Route forecast
• Notifications setup from the app
• Swipe gestures for main menu & settings, accessible also in full screen mode
• Customize & clear search history
• Augmented reality: calibrate compass manually
• Various fixes, performance and interface improvements
This is cheating!
This app has created a daydream wish come true. Mind you, the weekend warriors destroy the bite by running all over the areas the sportboats work hard to develop. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I feel it's hopeless to prevent the plague of trailer boats that canvass the local tuna grounds.
In my perspective, the thousands of dollars spent to be your own captain cannot be justified when all you do is follow the fleet around like a lost puppy dog. For incredible savings, one could just charter a boat with a professional Captain and have all the advantages of comfort, safety, experience, galley, and ample bait. You can just step on the boat and step off while all maintenance and cleaning is handled by a friendly crew.
An improvement to the app would be overlays of the charted banks, temperature breaks, and water clarity. Integration with the Navionics app would just top it off.
Great App 😊😊😊😊😊
This is one app I really enjoy using. It's nice to follow ship and small boat traffic on where they came from and where they are going. I have only one minor complaint though. It would be nice to have an option to have the top of the map always pointed to the true direction I am facing, not north. Its difficult to line up the map to identify several ship across the horizon. Thank you.
We use this every summer in the St. Lawrence River. In the past we used the boat nerd website but this is much easier to use. Our young nephews love freighters and not only use the app when they're up here but also use it when they're in New York so they can alert us to interesting freighters so we can take pictures to send them.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 26, 2016
- Version: 3.5.7
- Size: 41.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Maltenoz Limited
- © MarineTraffic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Augmented Reality$2.99
- Route Planner$0.99