MarineTraffic - Ship Tracking
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Marine Traffic displays near real-time positions of ships and yachts worldwide.
Connected to the largest network of AIS receivers, the app covers most major ports and shipping routes.
• View VESSELS ON THE LIVE MAP, search for ships, boats and seaports and see what's near you!
• More than 170,000 VESSELS PER DAY report their positions via MarineTraffic AIS
• View live wind and 48-hour WIND FORECASTS on the map
• ANIMATED PLAYBACK of vessel's track
• PORT ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES live for over 4,000 ports and marinas, current conditions in ports and estimated time of arrival for the boats & ships.
• Manage your list of vessels ("MY FLEET"), shared with all your devices and MarineTraffic.com
• Browse 2.5 MILLION PHOTOS of ships, harbors and lighthouses and much more! You can also upload photos to MarineTraffic directly from your device.
• CRUISE MODE: Track your position, speed and course as well as the positions of the vessels around you. View your projected course, the distance from the nearby vessels and many more.
• Identify vessels around you at a glance with the AUGMENTED REALITY tool (in-app purchase)
Just point your device's camera to the horizon and get all the information you need about vessels, ports and lighthouses in your area: name, flag, speed, distance from you and a lot more.
• Use the ROUTE PLANNER tool to plan a route on the map, measure distances and calculate ETA (in-app purchase)
Also, for MarineTraffic subscribers:
• NAUTICAL CHARTS
• SAT-AIS DATA
Join the great MarineTraffic community!
** If you're only interested in a specific area, please confirm coverage on www.marinetraffic.com before purchasing the app **
What's New in Version 3.6.2
• New layout for vessel details window
• Customizable units (speed, distance, temperature) and time display
• Quick view of vessels' positions on the map in distant zoom levels
• Additional satellite positions with limited information available on the map
• Display stations on the map
• Simpler photo upload procedure
• Include EXIF data to photos uploaded from gallery
• Various fixes, performance and interface improvements
Worth every cent!
My parents have a cottage on Lake Huron in Michigan. We can see freighters and other boats out in the distance but not close enough to see their names and other details. Just open the app and you can find out what freighter or boat it is, see pictures, see where they are coming from and going and much more. It's great for anyone that likes boat and freighter watching especially if you live on the water.
Not AIS but the next best thing
As a sailor I use this app often when moored. It gives a good picture of the traffic in whatever location we happen to be in. They have improved the app greatly so it is very useful and could serve as a backup if our onboard AIS system failed as long as we could we receive a wifi or cell signal.
If you live near the water...
you'll love this app. We live on the Chesapeake Bay, near the Atlantic, and it's really interesting to get all the info on ships and large boats that come in and out of Norfolk,VA. I'm tracking some ships all over the world (my fleet!) and it really exciting to actually see them come in/out of port. Very interesting and educational app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 30, 2016
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Maltenoz Limited
- © MarineTraffic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Augmented Reality$2.99
- Route Planner$0.99