Mark II Artist's Viewfinder
By DIRE Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Artist's Viewfinder assists the director or still photographer in exploring different places and angles to find the optimal placement for the camera, and to second-guess compositions. By simulating real camera and lens combinations it allows you to visualize what you are going to shoot without actually setting up the camera. And it's also a great tool to train yourself to see.
Handles Like Your Camera
Auto-exposure lock. Auto-focus lock. AF confirmation beep. A Quick Control Screen for accessing frequently needed functions. A customizable Fn Key. Shutter release via the Volume Up button. We designed the Mark II so that you could feel at home the moment you start working with it. And because it also saves full-resolution photos, you can even use it as a regular camera.
Visualize the Grand Landscape
Paired with a 0.5x-class super-wide converter lens*, the Mark II becomes an indispensable tool for landscape and architecture photographers. The combination can simulate super-wide lenses up to around 17mm on the full-frame 35mm format. Or you can use it to compose super-wide stitched images. The Mark II even removes distortion present in the wide converter lens — in real time.
* FOR THE LIST OF SUPPORTED CONVERTER/DEVICE COMBINATIONS PLEASE VISIT: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/tech-specs/
Designed for iOS 7 and the Retina Display
The Mark II was rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of new technologies available in iOS 7, backing features like high quality zooming. By utilizing the Retina display, frame lines are now 1/3 of their former width. This, along with their increased opacity and contrast, results in drastically improved visibility and reduced interference with the image you compose.
Unprecedented Simulation Flexibility
The Mark II leverages our extensive Viewfinder Camera Database, containing more than 400 still and motion picture cameras, 150 medium/large format backs and countless lenses — incorporating real lens data for ALPA, Hartblei, Leica, Rodenstock, Schneider and Zeiss glass. And you can define your own cameras and lenses when you need something special for the job.
Does What Optical Viewfinders Can't Even Dream Of
Artist's Viewfinder stores location and simulation metadata with the pictures, allowing you to evaluate results of a location scout later on your computer. Or you can send the information off to the rest of the crew or to a rental house, right from the app. It also records a standard GPX format track log, alleviating the need for a separate logging device.
The Mark II Artist's Viewfinder replaces our former Viewfinder Basic/Pro/Cine apps.
For more information please visit our web site.
What's New in Version 3.2
• Added menu option to hide the AF/AE point when no focusing operation is in progress.
• Additional "Dark & Neutral" color theme for the toolbar. It can be activated in the menu.
• EL and FL buttons can be overridden to work like the Fn Key. The available function set is equal to the Fn Key's.
• Possible gray screen with no live view after switching to another app and back.
• Possible hang or garbled live view on the iPhone 5s after disengaging exposure lock. Other devices are not affected. Live view is now stopped and restarted on the iPhone 5s when turning the exposure lock off.
Added wide converter support:
• Cambo WRS-1060 on iPhone 4/4s/5/5s
• Schneider iPro Series 2 Super Wide on iPhone 5s
• Schneider iPro Series 2 Wide on iPhone 5s
• Canon EOS 1200D/Rebel T5, EOS M2
• Hasselblad H5D-50c, HV, Lunar
• Nikon D4s
• Panasonic DMC-GH4
• Pentax 67, 67II
• Phase One iXA 160 Achromatic
• Sigma DP2 Quattro
• Sony A6000
• Phase One Achromatic+
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German
- Seller: DIRE Studio Kft.
- © 2009-2014 DIRE Studio Kft.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.