By RADSense Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Best Markdown Syntax Editor ***
With Markdown PRO you can write beautiful documentation, notes, essays, term papers all by using plain text to tag your formatting such as bold, italic, lists and others. Need a heading? add # before your text; need to make a text italic? add * around your *text*.
Using the plain text formatting, it is really easy and fast to type. You will never have to take your hands off the keyboard, so you can focus on writing. Markdown PRO provides live preview of beautifully formatted text using one of the provided templates. See the results as you type.
It takes less than a minute to learn it!
Your formatting stays where it should, with your text. You can apply a different template at any time to change the colors and size of the text you write.
• Full screen support
- Markdown Pro can run in full-screen mode, allowing you to focus on your work and remove distractions from your screen. We utilize the native OS X Lion full-screen support and you can open more than one document in full-screen.
• Auto save
- It's time to stop worrying about saving your documents all the time. We save your work automatically. You don't need to remember to press Command-S to save anything.
• Version history
- You know when you are working on your document and you regret the changes you made, but is too late because you have already saved it? Well, don't pull your hair anymore. Everything is saved.
- We always open your documents where you left off
• Export Markdown PRO documents to PDF, HTML and plain text
• UTF8 support. Write in any language!
What's New in Version 1.0.9
• New support to iCloud documents
• Fixed issue exporting to PDF under Mac OS X 10.9
• Fixed Unicode encoding bug inside code blocks
• Other small fixes and improvements
My GoTo Markdown Editor
Does what it says on the tin.
Much like other reviewers, I’ve tried other Markdown editors, but I always come back to this one. Has the option to be a clean minimal text editor but also
handles Markdown and HTML code effortlessly. I use it as for blog editing so support for HTML is my number one requirment. Has the most responsive preview screen (although it would be an added bonus if the preview scrolled with the editor). But in a nutshell - Markdown Pro just works..
Awesome Markdown Editor
I’m really very impressed with MarkdowPro. It’s easy to use, and file managment is very easy. I love that I can have automatic preview rather than having to do it later. I write software help files for my company in Markdown, so I don’t have time to go back and fix formatting issues. This saves so much time.
Simple, Stable, Fast
The application is focused on one goal and it does it extremely well. The preview panel is completely real-time and the editor supports a lot of features I didn’t expect such as grammar and spell checking. It’s really nice to know if you have an issue in your markdown before pushing it off to some repository.
Three features I’d like to see in the future:
- Ability to select markdown variant (there are a few of them now)
- Pinning the preview panel with the editor panel so they scroll together
- Email the rendered PDF rather than/in addition to the original markdown
Great tool that has made documentation less of a chore.