By RADSense Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Best Markdown Syntax Editor ***
With Markdown PRO you can write beautiful documentation, notes, essays, term papers all by using plain text to tag your formatting such as bold, italic, lists and others. Need a heading? add # before your text; need to make a text italic? add * around your *text*.
Using the plain text formatting, it is really easy and fast to type. You will never have to take your hands off the keyboard, so you can focus on writing. Markdown PRO provides live preview of beautifully formatted text using one of the provided templates. See the results as you type.
It takes less than a minute to learn it!
Your formatting stays where it should, with your text. You can apply a different template at any time to change the colors and size of the text you write.
• Full screen support
- Markdown Pro can run in full-screen mode, allowing you to focus on your work and remove distractions from your screen. We utilize the native OS X Lion full-screen support and you can open more than one document in full-screen.
• Auto save
- It's time to stop worrying about saving your documents all the time. We save your work automatically. You don't need to remember to press Command-S to save anything.
• Version history
- You know when you are working on your document and you regret the changes you made, but is too late because you have already saved it? Well, don't pull your hair anymore. Everything is saved.
- We always open your documents where you left off
• Export Markdown PRO documents to PDF, HTML and plain text
• UTF8 support. Write in any language!
What's New in Version 1.0.8
- Fixed Email Button issue due to App Sandbox
- Support for OS X default Mail client
- Improved Markdown Syntax Reference guide
A tremendously effective Mardown editor!
I've tried pretty much all the Markdown apps. Some are clunky. Some are high-design. They all work to one degree or another. I find that time and again I come back to Markdown Pro for my writing. Straightforward interface, reliability, and real-time rendering of my Markdown add up to a very effective tool that let's me focus on the writing task at hand. It has become one of my daily go-to tools.
I save to a Dropbox folder so that my documents are available from all of my systems and that I can pick-up a writing task from wherever I might be no matter what system I'm working from.
As an added bonus, when I've had questions, the developer has been responsive, prompt, and helpful (even though the problem was NOT with Markdown Pro, but with my knowledge and skills…)Great app, real support, good value. Highly recommended.
Good but not great
This is good product and it is making it easy for me to learn and get used to Markdown and I am loving it. There are few things that need work:
a) The file always reverts to the Default theme when you open the file. If I use Expresso for one file when I reopen the file it opens to Aquaous, the default theme I have selected.
b) The preview does not sync up with the text that you are typing. As you type the preview stays where it is and you have to pause from your writing and move the preview to see what you have done.
c) There is a bug with the exporting to PDF, the first line does not start near the top of the page it starts like a few carriage returns down.
Overall, this is a solid product and the help useful but I wouldn't say it's the best just yet.
The Markdown app I've been looking for
I own about half a dozen markdown editors, so obviously I've struggled to find one that really satisfied me. This is the one.
Other Markdown editors I've used are buggy; they don't generate PDFs correctly, or html. This one just works with no problems.
I really like that you can type Command-1 to see just the Markdown, Command-3 to see just the formatted text, or Command-2 to see a split screen view with both.
The "Copy," "Copy HTML," "Export to PDF" and "Export to HTML" commands all worked just exactly the way I expected them to.