By Brett Terpstra
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Marked 2 is a previewer (not an editor) for Markdown, MultiMarkdown and other text markup languages. It updates live every time you save your document in your favorite text editor, comes with writing analysis tools, and is powerfully flexible.
See what's new: http://marked2app.com/help/Whats_New.html
Marked provides document navigation and statistics, proofreading tools, multiple export formats, and much more. Marked comes with 9 preview styles built in (including GitHub), and you can add unlimited custom styles of your own.
GitHub users will appreciate Marked's built in GitHub Flavored Markdown processor, capable of handling fenced code blocks, line break preservation and automatic hyperlinking.
Marked is powerful enough to allow custom processors (shell scripts) before and after rendering. You can even take over the rendering tasks to incorporate non-Markdown languages.
Marked works with Scrivener, VoodooPad, MarsEdit, and other third-party apps, allowing you to use Markdown and see beautiful previews just about anywhere.
See the video tutorials! http://bit.ly/1riW0IK
What's New in Version 2.5.10
If the latest features and fixes in Marked make you a happy writer, please leave/update a review!
- Track writing progress with target word counts
- Support for GitBook SUMMARY.md files
- Folder scanning methods updated for efficiency
- Document statistics not updating after changes
- MindNode document format update
- Relative image paths containing multiple `..`
- Stop Discount from converting fractions
- Relative path handling issues
- Spaces in relative paths breaking
- Tabs in Scrivener documents
- TOC navigator styling issues
I cannot live without this app
Marked 2 is an essential part of my workflow. My primary use is to convert iThoughts documents to beautiful and shareable text. I use Marked 2 every day. The developer is super responsive.
I use Marked 2 daily in my workflow to create any number of documents for my own reference and at work for customers. It's fast, easy, and the output is reliable.