Change the way you think about stock research. MarketSmith gives you all the tools you need to make more money in the market. It’s simplified and streamlined for modern investors.
MarketSmith is different—intuitive instead of complicated. It’s easy-to-use and, unlike other apps, you can talk to a MarketSmith product coach about features, strategies and smarter ways to find winning stocks. Download MarketSmith for a FREE trial and leave your old investing routine behind.
The MarketSmith app makes it easier and faster to:
• Growth 250 stock list uses 30 different screens to identify stocks with the best growth potential.
• Industry Group metrics track the best- and worst-performing stock groups.
• Read performance reports like Earnings Gap Up, Top-rated IPOs, Weekly New Highs, Fastest Growing Companies, Top EPS Rating Stocks and more.
• Screen for stocks using criteria of successful investors like William O'Neil and Warren Buffet.
• Jumpstart your stock research with free one-on-one live product coaching so you can maximize all of our app features.
• Detailed high-definition stock charts give constantly updated information on stocks, indexes, mutual funds and industry groups.
• Instant access to over 70 key technical and fundamental stock data points, such as earnings and sales histories, proprietary ratings, and institutional ownership data.
• Daily and weekly charts feature Earnings Per Share data at a glance, plus previous year EPS comparison with a single tap.
• Tap and hold for price tracker featuring historical earnings data, complete with snapshot percentage change over previous quarters.
• Set custom alerts to notify you if a stock you’re watching crosses into your buy zone or starts flashing sell signals.
SEE WHEN TO BUY AND SELL.
• Pattern Recognition provides color-coded zones showing optimal price ranges to take action: buy in the blue, take profits in the green and cut losses in the pink.
• Automatically finds and highlights base patterns as they form, giving data points that tell you the type of pattern, stage and pivot point.
• Integrates Growth 250 stock list with Pattern Recognition to create two premium categories: Breaking Out Today and Near Pivot (Buy) Point.
• Set alerts to be sent to your email and tablet based on pattern development.
The MarketSmith iOS app is free to download, comes with a free 7-day trial subscription and gives you unlimited access to our stock research and analysis across multiple devices—mobile, tablet, Mac and PC.
If you want to keep making more money with MarketSmith, you can subscribe to MarketSmith Premium for $149.99 per month.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before end of current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
If you have any questions about app functions or how to access to your subscription on other devices, please contact us at (800) 452-4422.
Thanks for using the MarketSmith app! With this release, MarketSmith stock charts now include pre-market and after-hours pricing provided by Nasdaq Last Sale. When you log-in to MarketSmith outside of regular trading hours, you’ll see real-time pricing for stocks that trade pre-market and after hours. Pre-market pricing will appear from 4am-9:30am ET and after-hours pricing will appear 4:00pm-8:00pm ET. For stocks that are not traded after hours, only their closing price will appear.
This update also includes improvements in speed and reliability and some bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I have to agree with other users, great product but too expensive, at one grand per year it should include, chart recognition, Marketsmith 250 and IBD. I feel that because I love their products they take me for all they can get.
Update Nov. 2018 have used this app on my iPad for a few years they have done almost nothing to make more features available to iPad users, even IBD news is unavailable now, it’s geared for laptops, although promoted as a three platform tool.
MarketSmith recently discontinued TOP STOCKS a great little app that helped to simplify things and was a great little go to.(MarketSmith can sometimes overload you with information)
Personally I’m hurt by this, I am/was a big IBD supporter, subscribing to Investors.com IBD, leaderboard, MarketSmith and Top Stocks.
This is just too cheap, too petty.
Fantastic if you’re a growth stock investor
MarketSmith is an absolutely fantastic app, but it comes with a few caveats. First off, if you’re a trader, you probably won’t find much use for it - this is really geared toward investors.
Second, not all investors will get their money’s worth. If you’re a value investor or an income investor - this probably isn’t the best tool for you. However, if you’re investing for growth, IBD’s MarketSmith platform is probably the best tool on the market for finding key opportunities at the right time. IBD’s proprietary rating system breaks down stocks in an easy to understand, logical way, which will help you maximize your returns, but understand that it’s heavily tilted for investors seeking growth and/or momentum.
I am both a value investor and a growth investor, and for the former, it’s of little use. For the latter - it’s perfect. MarketSmith allows you to develop your own watchlists and screening criteria, or use many built-in screens and/or lists.
I only have two complaints about the app. First up, the app displays annual EPS values and forward estimates - but it doesn’t display quarterly data. Quarterly information is available on IBD’s website, so why is it missing from the app?
My second complaint is about the subscription cost. You get what you pay for, and this is a fantastic service...but it’s not cheap. Investors just getting started (with a smaller portfolio) may balk at the cost, which is understandable. If you’re fortunate enough to be in control of a larger portfolio, the cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what you CAN make with this tool and sensible investing decisions.
Overall, I highly recommend it for growth investors.
Best kept secret for quality stocks
Real data, no opinions or advisors just the numbers that matter!
- MarketSmith, Incorporated
- 27.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MarketSmith, Incorporated
- In-App Purchases
- One Month $119.99
- One Year $999.99
- MarketSmith Premium (1 Month) $149.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.