By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MarkMyWords is a comprehensive markup-writing tool for everyone who writes markup-formatted articles. Regardless if you are using Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, Wikitext, HTML or BBCode to format your articles, MarkMyWords makes writing articles for the web a breeze and remains platform-independent by using plain text documents.
Some highlights of the MarkMyWords feature-set:
- support of a variety of markup-languages
- live-preview of the formatted content and the option to add your own CSS-stylesheets for output-preview
- use of text-templates and markers for quick text navigation
- a flexible distraction-free-writing-modus
- highlighting of markup-code
- quick saving with predefined save-folders
- add, edit and remove One-Click-Styles using the One-Click-Style-Editor for easy formatting of articles and tab-key triggered commands for inserting snippets of text quickly
- headline navigation-popup
- comprehensive collection of shortcuts for text-manipulation
- support for Critics Markup (shortcuts, display-options, batch-replacement)
- vast amount of preference-options to configure MarkMyWords to your personal style
- plugin-system based on Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby
- bundle-system based on Objective-C/Cocoa
MarkMyWords supports the markup-languages BBCode, Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Smark, Textile and Wikitext and offers a live-preview of the formatted output as it would be displayed on webpages. Of course you can use plain HTML to format your text, too.
By using Templates and Markers MarkMyWords gives writers flexible possibilities on hand to structurize and format articles in an elegant manner and remain focused on the content.
Authors can create templates of often used text-structures to simplify and fasten the creation of new articles.
The feature-set of MarkMyWords can be enhanced by adding plugins and bundles. Use of one of the widely popular script-languages Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby to create your individual plugins to meet your special needs, easily. Or create bundles using Objective-c/Cocoa.
Download bundle- and plugin-examples from the MarkMyWords-Plugin-Website over at http://www.xelaton.com and get the developer-documentation to start to create your own bundles/plugins today!
Full featured distraction-free-modus with a vast amount of options to make your workspace as comfortable as possible. Set background-color or -image and background-opacity, font-color, -size and -style, writing-area-color and size, optional "always in the middle writing"-feature and more. And best thing is, you can do most of these adjustments while right being in the distraction-free-mode by hitting CMD + ;
Additionally MarkMyWords offers a lot of preferences to adjust the look and feel of the standard-editor to give writers a comfortable environment for their writing tasks.
What's New in Version 1.7.0
- switch to Apples new memory-management-system ARC - 32-Bit processors are no longer supported
- new preference-option to limit the list of browsers for previewing to Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Safari
- dark window-modus option, can be turned on via the preferences
- new preference-option to display symbols instead of buttons in the toolbar
- base-url-option enhanced, three option are now available
- pointing to the attachment-folder of a file
- pointing to an individual folder on your hard drive
- pointing to a web-url
- new shortcut-action, deleted text (CMD+D)
- new shortcut-action, insert date and time (CMD+CTRL+T)
Improvements and adjustments:
- file-browser-search improved, special characters, Japanese, Chinese etc. can be searched for now too
- new toolbar-icons
- file-browser some optical changes
- adding image-files from web browsers to the attachment-bar improved, Opera and Chrome are now supported too
- Textile-parser updated to version 3.5.5
- Smark-parser updated to version 1.1.0
- several small adjustments to the preferences
- several small adjustments to the general interface
- small adjustments to the cheat-sheets-system
- small adjustments to the headline-navigation-system
- small adjustments to the behavior of the text-field
- several internal changes, improvements and adjustments to improve stability and performance
- reload of preview will now be triggered by using shortcuts for markup too
- solved an issue with disappearing predefined-folders on new documents
- solved an issue of selecting a folder from a plugin
- solved an issue that caused all documents marked as edited
- bug fixed that caused MarkMyWords to crash when pasting text into a document under certain circumstances
- solved an issue with using the PDF-Export-CSS-file. A reset of this file is required to work properly
- solved an issue with unnecessary save-dialog popping up when printing the web-preview
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 22, 2014
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later, 64-bit processor