By Mikko Kankainen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AWARDED "BEST PUZZLER" IN MACWORLD'S "THE BEST GAMES OF 2008"!
NOMINEE FOR "BEST PUZZLE GAME" IN "2008 BEST APP EVER AWARDS"!
RATED "BETTER" IN APPREVIEW!
Getting tired of Sudoku? Why not try Marple?
Marple is a game of logic and deduction. The playing field consists of 20 tiles arranged in 4 rows of 5 columns each and a set of clues. The goal of the game is to figure out the correct order of those 20 tiles using the given clues by process of elimination.
There are four different types of clues: "In between", "Left of", "Same column" and "Next to". "In between" clue tells that the middle tile has to be located in between the other two. It however does not tell the order of the other two tiles or how far they are from the middle one. "Left of" clue tells that the left tile has to be located left of the right tile. It however does not tell how far apart they are. "Same column" clue tells that the two tiles have to be on the same column. "Next to" clue tells that the two tiles are adjacent to each other. It however does not tell the order of the two tiles.
* 1,000,000 fiendishly clever puzzles to play so don't expect to run out of them any time soon! At 3 minutes / puzzle, 1 hour / day = ca. 137 years of puzzles!
* Gameplay statistics (total games played, total time spent, average time per puzzle)
* Tutorial mode
* Game Center integration
* Global and friends' hiscores
* Cool achievements
* Hint system that highlights a clue that you should be concentrating on next and also explains exactly what you should be doing next.
* Graphical help with beginner tips
* Gameplay assistants: Show warnings (warn when trying to eliminate a correct tile), Auto deduce (automatically deduce trivial tiles), Auto sort clues (sort clues based on their type), Give away two tiles (automatically solve two tiles)
* Auto-save game state when exiting application
What's New in Version 2.1.51
This game reminds me a bit of an old computer game called "Shelock" that my daughters and I loved. This one is great, as well, and is perfect for those times when I have a few minutes to kill. I can play for a little while, and then exit the game. When I bring it back up, I can resume where I left off. This app is a must for anyone who loves logic puzzles.
Still a great puzzler
This was one of the first apps that I bought several years ago, and it sitll stands up as one of the best puzzler games that I've seen. The game really requires careful, logical thinking, and I use it on occasion to get my brain going in the morning.
This is a fantastic game of logic and deduction. It makes a great change of pace for those who would like to take a break from Sudoku, yet continue challenging those little gray cells. Absolutely addictive!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 10, 2013
- Version: 2.1.51
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mikko Kankainen
- © 2008-2012 Mikko Kankainen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.