By Marriott International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can chat with associates and make requests for amenities even before you arrive at select Marriott Hotels around the world.
The Marriott mobile app makes travel easier than ever with Mobile Check-in, real-time Room Ready alerts, Mobile Requests and Mobile Checkout. Make reservations at over 4,000 hotels and resorts in 70 countries, 24/7, from anywhere. Plus, you’ll earn Marriott Rewards points when booking your trip at thousands of properties around the world.
• Now available for Apple Watch.
• Mobile Check-in, real-time Room Ready Alerts, and Checkout are available at 13 brands across the world.
• Enjoy a brand new iPad app with an updated design that makes it easier to browse and book your trip.
• Enroll quickly in Marriott Rewards, save your preferences and enjoy exclusive benefits such as mobile Check-In and Checkout.
• Browse hotel photos, maps, city guides and amenities, or call a hotel (if supported by your device).
• Make special requests for early check-in, extra pillows or towels, high or low floor, etc.
• View upcoming reservations, add them to your calendar and make cancellations.
• Available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Chinese.
• Visit http://mobileapp.marriott.com/ for more details.
What's New in Version 5.5
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Improved but still below average
I raised my review to 2 stars. Been using Marriott app for years. On iPhone 6 now. They have fixed the login problems. It is easier to reserve rooms now. But the app still doesn't list my previous stays or let me use points to reserve a room. It still crashes when trying to look at the map view. It doesn't even have a way to modify an existing reservation. When you have 30 reservations like I do at any given time, you get constant check-in/check-out/ room key is ready/ reminders, which is super annoying and there doesn't appear to be a way to shut that off. Whoever is in charge of this app should be fired. They've had years to fix it and it's still worse than Hilton's, worse than Kayak, worse than Delta and United. Those other apps have improved over time and Marriott's app is still blah.
I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member. I stay at Marriott properties about 5-6 nights per month. I use the Marriott CC for all of my expenses.
This app is borderline criminal. When booking a hotel on this app, the notation that a rate is a PREPAID ADVANCE RATE is extremely hidden, obscure and nondescript and often results in a room being booked at non-refundable/ cancellable rate. There is nothing obvious that alerts you to the rate being prepaid and non-refundable. Brief wording buried among the millions of other words in the reservation screen and in the same font, color, etc. is not adequate notice that the rate is prepaid. I have actually gone as far as to write a letter to the Consumer Fraud Division of my State Attorney General as I feel this app is intentionally misleading. I will not use this app again, and I may be reactivating my Hilton Honors account as a result.
They Did It Again!!
Hard to believe that a company this size could produce an APP this horrible. Given the trashing they received over their previous attempts one would think they would at least try to offer improvements. They need to learn from other travel companies. The mobile check-in is a complete and utter failure. Tried to use it twice, staff at hotels hopelessly confused. Here is an idea, before launching new tech, train staff. Their app is aimed at the novice casual user. It treats their best customers terribly, and offers no advantages. Stop being so incredibly cheap and try spending money on tech for the 21st century.
Okay, figured it out. No one can possibly be so stupid to give this horrible app more than 1 star. Has to be Marriott employees fronting for the company, it is the only way, some of these ratings make sense.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 15, 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Marriott International
- © 2014 Marriott International, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.