By Marriott International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can chat with associates and make requests for amenities even before you arrive at select Marriott Hotels around the world.
The Marriott mobile app makes travel easier than ever with Mobile Check-in, real-time Room Ready alerts, Mobile Requests and Mobile Checkout. Make reservations at over 4,000 hotels and resorts in 70 countries, 24/7, from anywhere. Plus, you’ll earn Marriott Rewards points when booking your trip at thousands of properties around the world.
• Now available for Apple Watch.
• Mobile Check-in, real-time Room Ready Alerts, and Checkout are available at 13 brands across the world.
• Enjoy a brand new iPad app with an updated design that makes it easier to browse and book your trip.
• Enroll quickly in Marriott Rewards, save your preferences and enjoy exclusive benefits such as mobile Check-In and Checkout.
• Browse hotel photos, maps, city guides and amenities, or call a hotel (if supported by your device).
• Make special requests for early check-in, extra pillows or towels, high or low floor, etc.
• View upcoming reservations, add them to your calendar and make cancellations.
• Available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Chinese.
• Visit http://mobileapp.marriott.com/ for more details.
What's New in Version 5.0
We’ve heard your feedback and are releasing changes to make your experience better.
• Introducing a new, simplified design.
• Adding ability to copy and paste hotel addresses.
I lost $758!
I am a gold member and have happily booked rooms using the app for over year now. Last week I booked a room in a hurry. (Who's not in a hurry?) A few days later I received a $758 charge from the hotel on my credit card. I called the hotel to find out why the pre-charge. They told me the rate listed on the app was special and that if I had read the fine print I would have seen that it was NONREFUNDABLE! (And yes, my meeting dates have already changed.) When I went back to look, I found the "nonrefundable language," but it was nondescript and nothing distinguished the rate visually from the regularly priced rooms. I may be flat out of luck because I let muscle-memory guide me through the reservation process, but I contend that the app should differentiate nonrefundable rates in a different color, or with a star by them or something. Unless you have time to review the fine print every time you make a res in an app full of busy pages, I recommend you just call the hotel directly before making a res. Marriott has permanently lost this customer. Hilton, here I come!
They Did It Again!!
Hard to believe that a company this size could produce an APP this horrible. Given the trashing they received over their previous attempts one would think they would at least try to offer improvements. They need to learn from other travel companies. The mobile check-in is a complete and utter failure. Tried to use it twice, staff at hotels hopelessly confused. Here is an idea, before launching new tech, train staff. Their app is aimed at the novice casual user. It treats their best customers terribly, and offers no advantages. Stop being so incredibly cheap and try spending money on tech for the 21st century.
Okay, figured it out. No one can possibly be so stupid to give this horrible app more than 1 star. Has to be Marriott employees fronting for the company, it is the only way, some of these ratings make sense.
Super useful on the road
I recently went on a road trip to Florida and when we had to stop we just whipped out the Marriott app and were able to book our rooms in about 10-15 seconds. Everything just worked, and on one occasion we actually performed the booking to check in all within 10 minutes and they had the key ready for us.
Not sure what these reviews are all about, I haven't had a single bad experience with the app so far.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 46.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Marriott International
- © 2014 Marriott International, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.