By Marriott International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Marriott mobile app makes travel easier than ever with Mobile Check-in and Check-Out, real-time Room Ready alerts, and Mobile Requests. Make reservations at over 4,000 hotels and resorts in 70 countries and 16 brands including JW Marriott, Autograph Collection Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Delta Hotels and Resorts, Moxy Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Protea Hotels, Residence Inn, Towneplace Suites, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club.
• Available for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• With Mobile Requests, the latest feature for Marriott Rewards members, you can chat with associates and make requests for amenities even before you arrive. Now available at most Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott, Autograph Collection Hotels and Renaissance Hotels around the world.
• Enjoy additional, exclusive member benefits including Mobile Check-In and Check-Out as well as instant updates when your room is ready.
• Enroll quickly in Marriott Rewards, save your preferences and earn points when booking your trip at thousands of properties around the world.
• Browse hotel photos, maps, city guides and amenities, or call a hotel (if supported by your device).
• View upcoming reservations, add them to your calendar and make cancellations.
• Available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Chinese.
• Visit http://mobileapp.marriott.com/ for more details.
What's New in Version 5.10.0
Thank you for choosing the Marriott Mobile App!
In this release:
- Variety of bug fixes and improvements
Stop Buying and Start Fixing
The morons at Marriott are obsessed with buying other companies. Why, because they haven't had an original thought in decades. Case in point: this miserable app. Hard to believe that a company this size could produce an APP this horrible. Given the trashing they received over their previous attempts one would think they would at least try to offer improvements. They need to learn from other travel companies. The mobile check-in is a complete and utter failure. Tried to use it twice, staff at hotels hopelessly confused. Here is an idea, before launching new tech, train staff. Their app is aimed at the novice casual user. It treats their best customers terribly, and offers no advantages. Stop being so incredibly cheap and try spending money on tech for the 21st century.
Okay, figured it out. No one can possibly be so stupid to give this horrible app more than 1 star. Has to be Marriott employees fronting for the company, it is the only way, some of these ratings make sense.
Great. For Marriott
This app is designed solely to let Marriott know when you are arriving. You still have to go to the desk and swipe your card. And the best part is that it sends a notification to your phone before 7am saying essentially, "if you are still here, it's time to go".
Marriott wants us to conform to their convenience and pay their housekeeping staff.
They should take notice of their main competitor, who allows me to use their app to select my room, bypass the front desk entirely and go directly to my room, using my phone to unlock the door.
Why create an app with so little functionality?
Why do companies create apps that have such limited functionality? I would rather just use their regular website on an iPhone than suffer through this. Terrible connectivity with their rewards program - no integration. You have to log in separately to see any rewards info. And if you make the mistake of clicking done, be prepared to enter your userid and password again. Apps should be easier to use, and have complete functionality. This is a failure.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 10, 2016
- Version: 5.10.0
- Size: 30.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Marriott International
- © 2014 Marriott International, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.