Step into the boots of the first human on Mars and decide the fate of your city by sending Argubots into battles of wit and persuasion. Made in collaboration with NASA and the National Writing Project, Mars Generation One: Argubot Academy is a new immersive gaming experience with adventure and strategy elements you’ve never seen before!
* Build and upgrade your own Argubots. Each special robot type has its own personality and unique combat features that are easy to learn and fun to master!
* Explore the first human city on Mars. Meet a bunch of interesting characters and help them make decisions on how humans should live on the new planet! By playing the hidden object games, you’ll be able to find the evidence you need to win battles!
* Experience an all-new, unique combat system. Find valid evidence and use the power of argumentation to defeat enemy Argubots!
* Learn about what it’s like to live on a new planet. Argubot Academy has in-depth, engaging story content that mixes difficult cultural, technological, civic and other STEM-related issues with immersive gameplay.
“Argubot Academy is significant because it addresses a part of school curriculum that few games have tried to tackle: argumentation, logic, and reasoned thinking. … one of the impressive things about Argubot Academy is that it takes a multidisciplinary approach. It grounds ELA proficiencies in a STEM based narrative setting. ... So often we forget that the purpose of education is not only to make workers who contribute to the economy, but also, to make citizens that contribute to making a better civilization.” -- Forbes
“Engrossing missions feature imaginative STEM-themed issues. Meanwhile, it's exciting to discover that the game rewards users for making strong arguments -- not for picking a particular "correct" position. By teaching ELA standards through a STEM-themed storyline, the game is fundamentally interdisciplinary in all the right ways. Showing students how these skills bridge disciplines is a critical lesson, and that point is deftly delivered.” -- Common Sense Media
Are you an educator? Learn more about our K-12 version of the app at http://www.glasslabgames.org.
Want to stay up to date on new content? Interested in more GlassLab products? Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Google+!
2.1.2 - Minor update to about page and related links
Previously in 2.1:
- Fixed rare bug that caused the game to enter an unplayable state when tapping rapidly during load at certain points in the game
- Fixed save bug caused by quitting during dialogue after first battle
- Text updates to various evidence and arguments
- Fixed dialogue issue in Video Game battle
- Fixed a couple of minor visual bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Cute, but glitchy
This is a very clever idea, and is executed well. Definitely a good tool for teaching how to form solid arguments. However, I find that it is still glitchy. It kicked me off about every three actions, and now I can't get out of the garden area- every time I try to move the app quits.
I love mars gen one, but whenever I try to to start the game it crashes. Thanks a lot mars gen one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.