By Red Sweater Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
FREE Download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
This update fixes a bug introduced in 4.0.2 that could prevent purchased licenses from being validated in the app.
Please consider leaving a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot!
Any questions or concerns about the app? Feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
The Ideal Blog Tool
I’ve been blogging since 2004 (I started on Typepad and switch to WP many, many years ago). This is, hands down, the most indespensible tool I’ve ever used. The new update adds all the right things. Everything about it just feels right. It’s the app Apple would have built if Apple made a blog editor. Give it a try. You’ll be glad you did.
Causing Firewall Lockouts -Updated and Fixed
I did not have this problem with version 3, but after 1 post, my host is blocking my IP address. Not sure what is going on. This is the message sent to me:
Thank you, yes, your IP address had been automatically firewalled by our
monitoring process due to the frequency of HTTP POST requests the MarsEdit
app is making to the WordPress xmlrpc.php script, which is a common vector
I love the ability to compose posts off line, but until this issue gets resolved, I would not buy the application. Think it might be making too many HTTP POST requests.
***** UPDATE. I had to have my hosting company whitelist my IP address. This firewall is a good thing for stopping hack attacks, but can be a problem for multiple requests from third party posting apps. Also, Red Sweater was very responsive on Twitter and suggested I use preferences>Blogs>Connections to prevent the program from automatically downloading all posts. (It was set to 50!) I set it to 1 recent post. That may have been a change from the previous version. Anyway, using the program allows you to write AND schedule posts. Set featured images, categories, excerpts, and tags. Edit in Rich Text or in raw text and include html.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Sweater Software
- © 2017 Red Sweater Software
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade from MarsEdit 3$24.99
- "MarsEdit 4 Full License"$49.99
- 14-Day Free TrialFree
- Recent Upgrade from MarsEdit 3Free