MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more.
By Red Sweater Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and all major releases up to and including 10.10 "Yosemite".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
What's New in Version 3.7.7
This release fixes bugs:
- Fix a bug that caused Google/Blogger image uploads to sometimes fail
- Fix a bug that caused removal of items from Media Favorites to fail
- Private Flickr photos can now be included or not as user's discretion
- Fix terminology used in panel while sending a new or edited post
Please consider leaving a rating or review in the App Store. Any questions or concerns about the app? Feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Ahhh…. MarsEdit, forgive me for trying that other app
I admit it… I was enticed by the young gobabbles of that other app. It had so much promise. She locked me out of the house and took my wallet and wanted me to promise to pay her a monthly allowance before she’d let me back in.
Thankfully, you never never left me MarsEdit. I’ve come to cherish that you are reliable, steadfast, and yes, even though the preview window shows the appearance instead of being right where I type, I admire that you let me look at you raw code. I realize now that I was merely dazzled by illusions. You always publish what I ask you to. I wish that someday you’d let me tinker with my custom posts and fill in my ACF fields. But I can work with it because you are always there, ready to publish regular posts with joy and a smile.
Sorry I tried to sneak next door. I’m back to stay now.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 14, 2016
- Version: 3.7.7
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Sweater Software
- © 2016 Red Sweater Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later