MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more.
By Red Sweater Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and all major releases up to and including 10.10 "Yosemite".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
What's New in Version 3.6.8
This update contains a large number of bug fixes involving the handling of images in the media manager, the Rich and HTML content editor, and miscellaneous bugs affecting reliability and ease of use.
* Address issues with images uploaded for display on Retina screens *
- Images are now uploaded at 2x specified dimensions when Retina checkbox selected
- Width and height fields now show size as "points" instead of "pixels"
- Width and height fields now limited based on size of image and Retina setting
* Rich and HTML Editor bug fixes *
- Fix a bug where pressing return in a blockquote could cause a new blockquote to be created
- Fix a bug where smart quotes, etc. were erroneously allowed in plain HTML
- Fix a bug that prevented images from being pasted into post editor content
* Other media-related fixes *
- Fix a bug that caused Tumblr images to publish at constrained size even if the size is changed in Media Manager
- Fix a bug where media style macro was not applied to re-inserted, previously uploaded images
- Fix a bug where media style macro with prefix and suffix did not wrap the active selection
* Other bug fixes *
- Fix a bug that prevented post documents from showing unsaved changes after changing custom field contents
- Fix a bug in "Show Text Statistics" sample script that caused inaccurate word count to be shown
- Fix a bug in Media Manager that failed to show the entire folder name for folders with periods (.) in their names
- Default newly added Blogspot blogs to "Apply Preview Filter" before publishing, to ensure paragraph tags are added if needed
Thank you for keeping up with the latest version of MarsEdit. If you have the time, please consider leaving a rating or review in the App Store.
If you run into any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact Red Sweater at email@example.com. Thank you!
A Very Useful App
This app really saves me time managing and posting multiple Wordpress blogs in a consistent interface. I can compose blog posts on my laptop even when offline. The developers actively keep it up to date and care about their software.
Good for your Wordpress blog
The best Windows Live Writer alternative I have been used for my Wordpress blog on Mac!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 3.6.8
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Sweater Software
- © 2015 Red Sweater Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later