MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more.
By Red Sweater Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and all major releases up to and including 10.10 "Yosemite".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
What's New in Version 3.7
Wow, what a week! Google's change to Blogger authentication requirements had us scrambling for a few days, but 3.7 is here to restore full service to Blogger-hosted blogs.
This update also includes some refinements to the support for browsing images from Apple's new Photos app.
Here's a complete list of the changes made in this update:
- Restore functionality for Google's Blogger blogs by supporting their modern authentication scheme
- Fix handling of dates to ensure proper post scheduling in all locales/regions
- Fix some visual flickering of the Media Manager's album/folders lists while clicking them'
- Prevent a crash that could occur in Media Manager when no Apple Photos library was created yet
- Fix a problem in Media Manager where some Apple Photos groups could be expanded even if there are no contents inside
Thank you for staying up to date with the latest bug fixes in MarsEdit. As always, if you enjoy MarsEdit please consider telling a friend and leaving a review here in the store. Your efforts to spread the word mean a lot.
We always welcome your feedback directly as well. Feel free to get in touch through our support site or by email to email@example.com. Thanks for using MarsEdit to blog from your Mac!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 06, 2015
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Sweater Software
- © 2015 Red Sweater Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later