Martha's Everyday Food: Fresh & Easy Recipes
By Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This new version of Martha Stewart's popular iPhone app has been built from the ground up with across-the-board improvements and many new features, including:
- NEW! Recipe Shuffle(TM) lets you get inspired with a flick of the wrist: Just shake your iPhone to bring up a new, randomly selected recipe each for a main course, side, dessert, and drink. Click to view the ones you like, and save to your Favorites.
- NEW! Watch & Learn with videos: Everyday Food editors demonstrate basic culinary techniques such as braising, grilling, and more.
- NEW! Exclusive daily articles by Everyday Food editors include these weekly topics: Healthy Eating, In Season, Cravings, On the Side, Sweet Spot, and Weekend Chef -- each with a complete archive.
- IMPROVED! Dinner Tonight serves up a quick, easy, seasonal, and family-friendly main course recipe chosen by our editors every day -- now including a seven-day archive right on the screen.
- IMPROVED! Shopping List Tools let you add ingredients from any recipe at the touch of a button, shows both combined and recipe-specific lists, and syncs to your online lists (including those you create from MarthaStewart.com) on ZipList.com.
- IMPROVED! The Favorites List lets you save your favorite recipes, articles, and videos for later reference. You can also sync with your Recipe Box on ZipList.com for access to all your saved MarthaStewart.com recipes.
- IMPROVED! A sleeker design, including a new home page, features larger photos with pinch-to-zoom technology.
- Thousands of quick and easy recipes from Everyday Food magazine, with more added each month.
- Share functionality lets users share recipes and shopping lists with friends and family via Facebook, e-mail, and text.
- ZipList sync lets users see shopping lists they create on ZipList.com, including those saved from MarthaStewart.com.
- Search brings thousands of quick and easy Everyday Food recipes to your fingertips.
- IMPROVED! Latest version (version 2.0.6) includes bug fixes for greatly improved stability, particularly on iOS4 and iOS5 where users have reported experiencing trouble loading and intermittent crashing.
ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS COMING SOON!
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Ziplist compatibility update.
Sometimes there's a note written below the recipe, and the entire note does not appear. Sometimes there's an option to expand the note, but even then you don't always get the full explanation. The 'dinner tonight' is sometimes just a dessert. I expect actual dinner recipes. The 'recipe shuffle' is comical. It's supposed to match an entree, side, dessert and drink. Tacos with mashed potatoes? Would Martha eat that combo? How about chicken and rice with a side of lemon chicken? The recipes I've tried have been very good, but functionality needs to be improved.
Great App but instructions get cut off
I really like the layout and ease of use of this app. My only complaint is that sometimes instructions are cut off.
For example, on the "Tamale Pies" recipe when I click to expand the description I still don't get the whole thing. Also with the same recipe the first instruction is missing half the information.
I'm specifically using this app on my iPhone 5.
It would be great if I could get all the info.
Works great! Love this app!!
Not sure why this app isn't working for others but I've had it for a few years and never had a problem. As a professional chef, Martha Stewart is one of the very few self-taught sources I trust. Her techniques and recipes are solid so this is a food app you can trust.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 15, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc
- © 2012 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.