Marvel Puzzle Quest
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The original match 3 RPG™ meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game out on your phone and tablet! Marvel Puzzle Quest combines your favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-vs-player tournaments, alliances, and much more. It’s time to unleash your inner Super Hero and wage war against your enemies.
Now featuring 100% more Deadpool!
9.1 out of 10 “An intricately crafted, remarkably deep experience -- Marvel Puzzle Quest doesn’t merely meet the expectations of its name, it exceeds them.” - IGN.com (Editors’ Choice Award)
• FREE TO PLAY
• Assemble the ultimate team from your favorite Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains such as Captain America, Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Loki, Punisher, Black Widow, Venom, and much more!
• Harness the power of Iso-8 to upgrade your team and collect comics to unlock new characters and abilities.
• Introducing new characters from the Marvel Universe and continually expanding game features!
• Brand new tournaments and events are launched each month to offer players fresh gameplay to explore.
• Unmatched strategy and depth! Embark on a journey of a global scale and unleash your strength and wits with your favorite Marvel characters to outsmart and defeat your opponents.
• Build Alliances among your friends and compete against rival Alliances.
• Snag the top rank in Tournaments, Alliances, and Season Play for new character rewards and other prizes!
• Stop Norman Osborn and his worldwide terror spree and watch the story unravel as different forces such as the X-Men, S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. (Dark Avengers) compete for resources and influence.
• Be a part of the Marvel Universe in an epic story written by Marvel veterans Frank Tieri (Iron Man, Wolverine, Weapon X) and Alex Irvine (Iron Man: The Rapture, Daredevil Noir) based on the Dark Reign storyline, a monumental narrative in Marvel history.
App is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean.
What's New in Version R73.0.271867
R73 is here!
R73 Patch Notes:
This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force.
UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where the mission points tally screen was displaying an incorrect amount of points.
- Fixed a bug where players weren't returned to the Chapter Selection screen after completing certain missions.
- In-game announcements can now contain links to external websites.
- Team-Ups scale up to a player’s average level when receiving a Team-Up from a player.
- Team-Ups received from PVE Events no longer scale above the character’s max level.
- Fixed a bug where the “On Patrol” timer was overwriting the "Injured" timer on the Character Select screen.
- While Star-Lord is stunned, his ability Oldest Trick in the Book will not increase the AP for enemy abilities.
- Doctor Octopus’s ability Armed and Dangerous now correctly does additional tile damage.
- Ms. Marvel’s ability Photonic Blasts now correctly does additional tile damage.
Fun, but be ready to put money down
As far as match-3 game mechanics go, this one is right up there with the best of them. Sadly, it's one of the most money-hungry games I've played. You can only have three heroes on your roster unless you shell out coins to expand your space (anything earned beyond the three is unusable and expires otherwise). The coins required to expand your roster quickly balloons. Of course, your only chance of placing well in in-game rankings is to have a very good team, which requires that you have spent premium currency to earn it. So the game basically requires that you put down money to play it, at least to get your roster going. Once you have a few good characters, though, the game perpetuates itself nicely.
I suggest looking at it this way: are you willing to pay $10 for an extremely fun and polished Match 3? If so, give this game a shot; its gameplay is top-notch, and the Marvel Universe is faithfully represented. If not, look elsewhere: other titles are not nearly as aggressive about IAP.
Best Free To Play App I've Tried!!!
I'm not a big review guy, but I'm seriously impressed with the balance that this team has achieved. Although it does a fair share of hand-holding to start, it quickly evolved into a rich gaming experience.
And for a big name company like Marvel it's awesome to see how they balance the characters, story, and gameplay so well. I love how there are different versions of each character and that they each possess different abilities as well as costumes. It keeps it fresh without having just slapped a new skin on the same character.
And the gameplay is really diverse as well. Not feeling like finishing story mode or need to level up? Head to VS mode and rather than just a single option you'll find 2-4 options from month-long campaigns to lightning events that last a few hours. It's great!!
Honesty, the people that make this game are amazing!! It's a rare app that can represent the characters of their universe (especially long-established ones in a variety of media) so faithfully.
And I'm starting to ramble, so before get too far down that road let me just say, in the words of Deadpool,"Muchos gracias señors y señoiritas!!!" Thanks for the hard work and pouring your hearts and souls into this game.
This is great fun for those who love the challenge of the connect three games with an added bonus! Where Candy Crush frustrates by adding chocolates and apples and cherries, this game gives us super heroes who battle each other with strengths and weaknesses. Such fun! Then it gets better with each new comic cover you get! Until the only problem I've discovered with the game comes to light...you can't get more covers so you can't level your super heroes. Oh well! Life's not perfect. Still the best game I've found in a very long time! Oh, I forgot those daily rewards that just get better and better!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 25, 2015
- Version: R73.0.271867
- Size: 96.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: D3Publisher of America, Inc.
- © D3Publisher of America, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Agency Expenses$4.99
- Bugle Pittance$1.99
- Logan's Loonies$19.99
- Asgard Treasure$49.99
- Treasure Box$4.99
- Stark Salary$99.99
- Hidden Stash$19.99
- Dead Drop$1.99
- Bugle Pittance$0.99
- Mother Lode$99.99