Marvel Puzzle Quest
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best in match-3 puzzle gameplay meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game out on your phone and tablet! Marvel Puzzle Quest combines your favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-vs-player tournaments, alliances, and much more. It’s time to unleash your inner Super Hero and wage war against your enemies.
Now featuring 100% more Deadpool!
9.1 out of 10 “An intricately crafted, remarkably deep experience -- Marvel Puzzle Quest doesn’t merely meet the expectations of its name, it exceeds them.” - IGN.com (Editors’ Choice Award)
• FREE TO PLAY
• Assemble the ultimate team from your favorite Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains such as Captain America, Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Loki, Punisher, Black Widow, Venom, and much more!
• Harness the power of Iso-8 to upgrade your team and collect comics to unlock new characters and abilities.
• Introducing new characters from the Marvel Universe and continually expanding game features!
• Brand new tournaments and events are launched each month to offer players fresh gameplay to explore.
• Unmatched strategy and depth! Embark on a journey of a global scale and unleash your strength and wits with your favorite Marvel characters to outsmart and defeat your opponents.
• Build Alliances among your friends and compete against rival Alliances.
• Snag the top rank in Tournaments, Alliances, and Season Play for new character rewards and other prizes!
• Stop Norman Osborn and his worldwide terror spree and watch the story unravel as different forces such as the X-Men, S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. (Dark Avengers) compete for resources and influence.
• Be a part of the Marvel Universe in an epic story written by Marvel veterans Frank Tieri (Iron Man, Wolverine, Weapon X) and Alex Irvine (Iron Man: The Rapture, Daredevil Noir) based on the Dark Reign storyline, a monumental narrative in Marvel history.
App is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean.
What's New in Version R71.0.266258
R71 Is Here!
New Feature! Deadpool's Daily Quests! Deadpool. Taco Tokens. Daily.
The much-requested hero, Cyclops, has arrived!
UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
-Numerous powers that involve selecting tiles (such as Bullseye's Murderous Aim, The Hood's Twin Pistols, etc.) can be used with Colossus’s Fastball Special again.
-More characters allowed in Survival missions: characters and Team-Ups on enemy teams in Survival missions no longer restrict which characters and Team-Ups you can bring into battle.
-In the mission map, you can now enter missions by tapping/clicking on their title on the map (as well as tapping/clicking on the mission pin a second time).
-Players must now create a name, by joining an Event, before the “Join Alliance” button shows up.
-Fixed a bug where, if a trap placed by Doctor Doom’s Diabolical Plot changed color, it wouldn’t be disarmed when Diabolical Plot was activated.
-Fixed a bug where minions were not generating AP of a color if there were only one or two tiles of that color on the board.
*Note: There is a known audio bug with missing music during some battles (noticeable while fighting Dr. Doom, for example). A fix is planned for R72.
Overly aggressive IAP ruins a great game
As far as match-3 game mechanics go, this one is right up there with the best of them. Sadly, it's one of the most money-hungry games I've played. You build up a roster of characters and train them, but recruiting any higher-tier characters requires a fair number of the game's premium currency coins. Worse still, you can only have three heroes on your roster unless you shell out coins to expand your space (anything earned beyond the three is unusable and expires otherwise). The coins required to expand your roster quickly balloons, and the game is exceptionally stingy with its currency: the only way to earn it in-game is through a sparse few missions, earning it as a very rare log-in reward after so many days, or by placing extremely high up in time-limited ranked areas. Of course, your only chance of placing well is to have a very good team, which requires that you have spent premium currency to earn it. This game doesn't deserve the moniker "freemium"; it basically requires that you put down money to play it, at least to get your roster going.
I suggest looking at it this way: are you willing to pay $10 for an extremely fun and polished Match 3? If so, give this game a shot; its gameplay is top-notch, and the Marvel Universe is faithfully represented. If not, look elsewhere: titles like Spellfall and even Puzzle & Dragons offer decent gameplay without being nearly as aggressive about IAP.
Better than ever
New updates include "deadpools daily" with rewards that totally fixes the progression system and insuring there is always something you need just over the horizon. The gold character packs still give a lot more two star than three star characters but with the deadpool daily you have a lot more chances at 3 star characters and for me at least I'm much more likely to spend actual money on more slots for my newest 3 star characters than I am to spend cash on packs with a very slightly better chance than usual on 3 star chars. All in all the newest additions in the most recent updates have fixed the issues bogging down progress and gives players an addictive rewards system that promises to keep you progressing at a steady rate.
Need it to win it
I've played this game for quite a while now and the newest update proved to me how much of a lack of forward thinking the developers have. The biggest problem has always been getting the better character covers and they thought they would solve it by offering you a chance to get one through a daily bonus. The problem is that to get the daily character you have to have that character already on your roster. So once again the player is left looking at characters they don't have while the game makes it almost impossible to get that character if you do have it by throwing over leveled opponents at you. After playing for more than a year I don't have any characters anywhere near the level required to earn the daily Deadpool character. I liked this game for a time waster, but I have uttered the words cheap and shove it one too many times. I say delete and good day.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 19, 2015
- Version: R71.0.266258
- Size: 96.9 MB
- Languages: En, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Spanish
- Seller: D3Publisher of America, Inc.
- © D3Publisher of America, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Agency Expenses$4.99
- Bugle Pittance$1.99
- Logan's Loonies$19.99
- Asgard Treasure$49.99
- Treasure Box$4.99
- Stark Salary$99.99
- Hidden Stash$19.99
- Dead Drop$1.99
- Bugle Pittance$0.99
- Rich Deposit$49.99