Marvin 3 – eBook and comic book reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Refined by years of reader feedback and suggestions, Marvin 3 is the sequel to the acclaimed eBook reader for your iPhone and iPad. With over 150 new features and enhancements, Marvin is the perfect companion for people who are passionate about their books and comics. Get Marvin and find out why readers call it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time".
Together with unprecedented customisation features, here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- Integration with Marvin Side-by-Side (*).
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi-column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(*) Works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over, and requires the corresponding Marvin SxS app.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 3.1
Today's update brings Goodreads integration to Marvin, as well as more refinements and fixes. I hope you enjoy it. Here's everything that's new:
* New: Goodreads integration to shelve books, post quotes, and post status updates.
* Updated: New menu behaviour when sliding a book in list mode.
* Updated: EPUB page accessories and headers & footers settings have been merged into one menu.
* Fixed: When tapping on an entry in your journal, a blank screen was shown.
* Fixed: In book text selection menu wouldn’t update when new text menu commands are added or reordered while reading.
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
Visit blog.appstafarian.com for detailed notes about using Goodreads in Marvin.
If you have a moment, please remember to rate and review Marvin. It really helps a lot.
Better and better
The latest version of Marvin 3 adds a built in connection to Goodreads. This new function, in itself deserves a new review. I have many friends who are happy enough with Apple's iOS ebook reader but what I love about Marvin, and provoked my change from iBooks, is that readers who are users contribute ideas for changes that make Marvin even more indispensable to an ebook fanatic. The Goodreads connection is so useful for readers like me, who have 50 or more books in the reader and in trying to choose what to read next can't precisely remember what a certain book is about. Click, click and you're at Goodreads with a full summary and user reviews. This is just one of the many functions that enhance my reading experience. Highly recommended. Try it.
Great Reading Experience
I switched from iBooks to Marvin years ago when I realized that I could customize my reading experience, and while I've tried other apps, nothing has all the options and features Marvin does. The new UI did take some adjustment, but once I set up everything (in less than 10 minutes) I have a system that helps me sort my (admittedly large) library quickly and have my book pages display exactly as I want them to. I am happy to support a company who listens to what the customers want (Goodreads!) and finds ways to implement them.
This has so many nice touches and thoughtful features, such as dragging a finger vertically to adjust brightness. I love the ability to fine-tune line height, margin, even load your own font.
If I had only one device, this app would be perfect. But I read on both my iPad and iPhone, depending on the situation. There is no automatic sync. This is ubiquitous now, so there's no real excuse for something so commonplace to be absent. You have to manually sync—separately—bookmarks, annotations, and last place read, one book at a time. If they would add this feature, it would be a five-star app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 76.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2013-2016, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features$4.99
- Fabulous Tip$4.99
- Generous Tip$0.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Incredible Tip$2.99