This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Refined by years of reader feedback and suggestions, Marvin 3 is the sequel to the acclaimed eBook reader for your iPhone and iPad. With over 150 new features and enhancements, Marvin is the perfect companion for people who are passionate about their books and comics. Get Marvin and find out why readers call it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time".
Together with unprecedented customisation features, here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- Integration with Marvin Side-by-Side (*).
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi-column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(*) Works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over, and requires the corresponding Marvin SxS app.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
This update includes:
* New: Improved compatibility with iOS 11 and latest devices.
* Fixed: Dropbox connectivity problems.
* Updated: Improved Dropbox sync performance.
* Updated: Improved performance of image effects in comic viewer.
* Fixed: Display artefacts on latest devices and system software.
* Updated: Twitter and Facebook share sheets replaced by system share sheet +++
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
+++ From iOS 11 onwards, native Twitter and Facebook share sheets need to be replaced with the standard system share sheet. To post you will need the official Twitter and/or Facebook apps installed.
Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to submit a bug report and provide feedback.
Beautiful app, lots of features
Love the customization features, autoscroll and text to speech features are great. Screen and text look crisper than some other apps I’ve tried. I read a lot and like the time read counter. Link to goodreads does not work for me. Takes to goodreads app and opens on blank page. May be a problem on goodreads end but disappointing, was excited about that feature. Would love easier way to import books from calibre- select whole folder, download all etc. Clicking individually for download won’t work for me. My library is too big to do so. Currently using calibre companion as workaround so I can still have library loaded on phone but would be nice to have everything one place. Overall I love this app. Other reviewers complained about price for themes but really? Not a necessary feature of app but why not support development if you really like it. Good ereader is hard to find. Please keep updating.
Best e-book reader for iOS
I’ve tried a number of e-book readers on my iPad and this one is the best. Other readers are clunky, outdated, and frankly seemingly designed without much love. Marvin is a pleasure to use; it’s snappy, with a variety of customizations, and it links to Dropbox, where I keep all my e-books. It even integrates with Safari to easily change things like the book cover image and metadata. And all features are generously offered for free to try out before buying, with just a tasteful banner (NOT ads!) at the bottom asking for purchase. This is what reading on the iPad should be.
I haven’t experienced any bugs or problems of the sort other reviews have mentioned. I am so happy this app exists, I use it all the time! :)
Limited functionality with Dropbox
I needed a reader app that could sync with Dropbox but Marvin Will only do location sync with iCloud. All of my annotations and highlights are also not syncing to Dropbox. I already have a Dropbox account and I’m not going to set up and pay more for an iCloud account. It really defeats the purpose of loading your books from dropbox if you’re not able to location sync or carryover any of the work you do on the books without having to sign up for another cloud service. What is most frustrating of all Is that I have emailed the developer several times and nobody even answers my emails and my questions. They have literally no customer/technical service.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 11, 2017
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 86.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2013-2016, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features$4.99
- Fabulous Tip$4.99
- Generous Tip$0.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Incredible Tip$2.99