Marvin Classic - eBook reader for epub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: If you are using iOS 9, you should get the latest and greatest Marvin 3 with 140+ features including vertical and auto scrolling, speed reading, comic book support, text-to-speech, and much more.
Marvin is an eBook reader for people who are passionate about their books. Get Marvin and find out why readers are calling it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time"
ENJOY YOUR BOOKS
- A modern and clean user interface, designed for iOS 7
- Format books any way you like
- High fidelity rendering
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books
- A selection of beautiful reading fonts
- Virtually unlimited combinations of text, background colors and page textures
- 2 column layouts in both portrait and landscape (iPad)
- Cloud location sync *
- Publisher layouts and embedded fonts
- Full book search
- Control page warmth and tint in addition to brightness for comfortable night-time reading
- Customizable gestures, swiping to control brightness and warmth, page turn directions, snapping to bookmarks and chapters, etc...
- A reading timer
- Powerful highlighting and annotation tools
- Create custom commands with presets to integrate with Google Maps, Bing Images, Tweetbot, IMDb, Lingvo, Goodreads, Facebook, Wikipedia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary and more
DISCOVER AND LEARN
- Artificial intelligence that reads your books and helps you discover great things about them, their authors, characters, places, events and everything else (English only)
- Intelligently search for and pin web content such as articles, reviews and videos
- Build character summaries as separate EPUBs in seconds
- Automatically build a vocabulary as you look up words in the dictionary
- Offline and online dictionaries
- Incredibly powerful library management tools
- Custom and smart collections
- List and cover library views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Group books by word count
- Reads calibre and extended metadata (subjects, series and tags)
- A metadata editor that also lets choose new covers
- Virtually all the content you see, create and find can be exported and shared
- All exported content can be opened in web browsers and word processors for further reference
- Share status, progress, pictures, text selections and highlights to Facebook and Twitter
YOUR BOOKS, EVERYWHERE
- Find books anywhere in your Dropbox *
- Native calibre support with integration that other readers can only dream of (iOS 8.2 and earlier)
- OPDS catalogs
- Web downloads
- iTunes and email side-loading
- Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB 2.0 books
- Dropbox support and location sync requires a Dropbox account
If you're into DRM-free books, we've worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 2.9.1
If you are using iOS 9, you should get the latest and greatest Marvin 3 with 150+ new features including vertical and auto scrolling, speed reading, comic book support, text-to-speech, and much more.
This update contains stability and performance improvements:
- Improved reliability of large backups.
If you have a moment, please remember to rate and review Marvin. It really helps a lot.
The app that convinced me to replace Stanza
Because many former Stanza users recommended Marvin's iPad version, I decided to risk the $5 when the iPod/Phone version became available. And after less than a day of use, I'm sold. I was able to load my 800ish books easily via the Marvin plugin for Calibre, and I'm finding it overall usable.
Why four stars and not five? Two reasons. First, there's a bug that quits the program every time the Pod goes to sleep; the developer says it's been confirmed and fixed, though, so I'm looking forward to the update! Second, the one thing I miss from Stanza is being able to look at my library and see which books are partially read without having to open them to check; again, though, this seems to be on the developer's radar.
Overall, I do think it's $4.99 well spent, and I expect to spend many hours using it.
27 Aug 2016 update: Upgrading my rating to 5 stars. I use this app every day and have hundred of books in my library, which it manages happily. All the things I missed from Stanza have long since been added. And they're still maintaining a version that runs on my old iPod Touch that can't be upgraded above iOS 6! As long as I'm using an iOS device, this will be my epub reader.
Could be better.
Well, after iBooks ruined my meticulously organized library of over 3k epubs in last year ios9 (and still haven't done any improvement in iOS10), I am still looking for a perfect e-reader. Marvin is better than others, but in need of some perfection definitely. First, why don't you guys add that magic effect of "real" turning with your finger page? It will make reading so much fun for sure.
Also, all that editing, organizing, deleting and moving books to and between collections is way to complicated, IMHO, and requires too many actions. I couldn't find an option to move books up and down in the library in order to switch places between volumes. Would be lively to see shelves, too. Am I asking too much, lol?
Great Reading App -- Far Superior to Marvin 3
This is a great, user friendly app with the best customizations I've seen. It is much better than the new Marvin 3 version, so if you have to choose one I'd definitely choose this one. This is probably the most user friendly reading app that I've tried (and I've tried a lot of them) and Marvin 3 is one of the least user friendly reading apps I've tried.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 05, 2016
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2016, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Theme Pack$4.99
- Late Night Blue Theme$0.99
- Sand Theme$0.99
- Royal Purple Theme$0.99
- Cool Blue Theme$0.99
- Hollywood Pink Theme$0.99
- Spring Grass Theme$0.99
- Sunset Orange Theme$0.99
- Glorious Gold Theme$0.99