Marvin - eBook reader for epub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Marvin is an eBook reader for people who are passionate about their books. Get Marvin and find out why readers are calling it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time"
ENJOY YOUR BOOKS
- A modern and clean user interface, designed for iOS 7
- Format books any way you like
- High fidelity rendering
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books
- A selection of beautiful reading fonts
- Virtually unlimited combinations of text, background colors and page textures
- 2 column layouts in both portrait and landscape (iPad)
- Cloud location sync *
- Publisher layouts and embedded fonts
- Full book search
- Control page warmth and tint in addition to brightness for comfortable night-time reading
- Customizable gestures, swiping to control brightness and warmth, page turn directions, snapping to bookmarks and chapters, etc...
- A reading timer
- Powerful highlighting and annotation tools
- Create custom commands with presets to integrate with Google Maps, Bing Images, Tweetbot, IMDb, Lingvo, Goodreads, Facebook, Wikipedia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary and more
DISCOVER AND LEARN
- Artificial intelligence that reads your books and helps you discover great things about them, their authors, characters, places, events and everything else (English only)
- Intelligently search for and pin web content such as articles, reviews and videos
- Build character summaries as separate EPUBs in seconds
- Automatically build a vocabulary as you look up words in the dictionary
- Offline and online dictionaries
- Incredibly powerful library management tools
- Custom and smart collections
- List and cover library views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Group books by word count
- Reads calibre and extended metadata (subjects, series and tags)
- A metadata editor that also lets choose new covers
- Virtually all the content you see, create and find can be exported and shared
- All exported content can be opened in web browsers and word processors for further reference
- Share status, progress, pictures, text selections and highlights to Facebook and Twitter
YOUR BOOKS, EVERYWHERE
- Find books anywhere in your Dropbox *
- Native calibre support with integration that other readers can only dream of
- OPDS catalogs
- Web downloads
- iTunes and email side-loading
- Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB 2.0 books
- Dropbox support and location sync requires a Dropbox account
If you're into DRM-free books, we've worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 2.8.1
- iOS 8 compatibility improvements.
- Resolves problems with stuck icon badge.
- Bug fixes.
If you’re enjoying Marvin, please take a moment to leave a review and tell a friend. It would mean the world!
Could be better
I have been Marvin for some months now so I feel is time for my review.
1. NO compatible with EPUB3
2. NO compatible with PDF
3. NOTE'S MAYOR DESIGN FLAW : When you make a note, the app adds a very thin dotted line which is barely visible under the highlated text. So visually, the notes get lost. Good examples of notes design are ibooks and kindle, both add a little icon where you wrote a note.
4. HIGHLIGHTS: To highlight you first have to select the area using those blue dots, then select the menu, then click the highlight button ( which is a paint brush by the way), then you have to select the color...... Come on developers!!! Can you create something easier, like perhaps highlighting by rolling the finger over the text??? IBooks and Kindle use this feature.
5. PAGE FLIPPING EFFECT: NONE. IBooks and Kindle has it, and in a way I think is better because it lets the reader see that he is going forward.
1. ORGANIZATION: I love the fact that i can organize my book collections
2. TIMER: It lets you know for how long you have been reading
3. PROGRESS PERCENTAGE: lets you know how far in your reading you are
4: AND SO MANY OTHER GOOD FEATURES YOU WISH IBOOK AND KINDLE HAD
If the problems with this app could be fix, I think the app would be by far the best reading app in the storei!!! Please do fix it! thank you!😊😊😊
By the way, i'm a fellow designer.
Like it almost
I agree with the previous post about the difficult highlighting and also putting an icon or whatever to show the popup note. But I have to say, I could deal with these little nuisances if the option was added for scrolling pages. The Notes scroll and the Book Contents scroll but not the book itself. I do studies on my Ipad that involve reading the paragraph and then answering the question at the end. Sometimes a few paragraphs are linked to one question. Flipping back and forth to see the question is a pain but scrolling makes it easier especially when a paragraph is split onto the next page.
I purchased both Gerty and Marvin but I like Marvin better. Also, I've had no problem with opening and working on epub 3 formatted books. YET.......
It's broken since update
Updating this review to say that since that last update Marvin keeps freezing while reading. I go to turn the page and nothing happens. I tap and tap but nothing. Have to push the home button half a dozen times to get out of the book and when I go back to the book it has skipped ahead however many times I tapped the page.
It freezes regularly at different parts of the book (not just new chapters). It's made reading with this app torture.
It also now completely crashes back to home screen when I open a new book. If I click on it again it's fine and the book has opened, but really??
Fix it please, I do love it when it works!!
I'm on the latest OS on an iPhone 6plus.
I finally broke down and realized that my Stanza will be gone forever once I get my new iPhone 6... I read and read about how Marvin was "just as good, if not better".
So I find its true! I only have 2 issues.
1) I really want to see the top bar of the phone while I read. I want the time and battery percentages. I can't figure out if this is possible.
2) I'd like to see the book progress by total page numbers rather than chapter page numbers. I want to be able to slide the bar from chapter 10 back to chapter 2 with one swipe.
I am very happy with the ability to customize the look!
Will update this as I discover it more!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 17, 2014
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2014, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Theme Pack$4.99
- Late Night Blue Theme$0.99
- Sand Theme$0.99
- Royal Purple Theme$0.99
- Cool Blue Theme$0.99
- Spring Grass Theme$0.99
- Hollywood Pink Theme$0.99
- Sunset Orange Theme$0.99
- Glorious Gold Theme$0.99