Marvin - eBook reader for epub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Marvin is an eBook reader for people who are passionate about their books. Get Marvin and find out why readers are calling it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time"
ENJOY YOUR BOOKS
- A modern and clean user interface, designed for iOS 7
- Format books any way you like
- High fidelity rendering
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books
- A selection of beautiful reading fonts
- Virtually unlimited combinations of text, background colors and page textures
- 2 column layouts in both portrait and landscape (iPad)
- Cloud location sync *
- Publisher layouts and embedded fonts
- Full book search
- Control page warmth and tint in addition to brightness for comfortable night-time reading
- Customizable gestures, swiping to control brightness and warmth, page turn directions, snapping to bookmarks and chapters, etc...
- A reading timer
- Powerful highlighting and annotation tools
- Create custom commands with presets to integrate with Google Maps, Bing Images, Tweetbot, IMDb, Lingvo, Goodreads, Facebook, Wikipedia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary and more
DISCOVER AND LEARN
- Artificial intelligence that reads your books and helps you discover great things about them, their authors, characters, places, events and everything else (English only)
- Intelligently search for and pin web content such as articles, reviews and videos
- Build character summaries as separate EPUBs in seconds
- Automatically build a vocabulary as you look up words in the dictionary
- Offline and online dictionaries
- Incredibly powerful library management tools
- Custom and smart collections
- List and cover library views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Group books by word count
- Reads calibre and extended metadata (subjects, series and tags)
- A metadata editor that also lets choose new covers
- Virtually all the content you see, create and find can be exported and shared
- All exported content can be opened in web browsers and word processors for further reference
- Share status, progress, pictures, text selections and highlights to Facebook and Twitter
YOUR BOOKS, EVERYWHERE
- Find books anywhere in your Dropbox *
- Native calibre support with integration that other readers can only dream of
- OPDS catalogs
- Web downloads
- iTunes and email side-loading
- Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB 2.0 books
- Dropbox support and location sync requires a Dropbox account
If you're into DRM-free books, we've worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 2.8.5
What's new in this version:
- Dropbox can now show more than 1,000 books (*)
- Added support for iOS cloud pickers to import books from iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, and other services (**)
- Fixed stuck application badge.
- Improved compatibility with future system updates.
- Several internal fixes, and 64-bit compatibility.
(*) The first Dropbox sync may take a while until Marvin indexes all your files. After the first sync is completed, your files will load much quicker.
(**) Requires iOS 8, and the corresponding app (e.g. OneDrive) that supports document provider extensions.
If you're enjoying Marvin, please find a moment to leave a review and tell your friends. It really, really helps.
Want To Love It
Let me say this first - if you use Marvin on only one device then this is by far the best ebook app out there and I highly recommend it. If you plan on using it on more than one device, I'd think twice before purchasing. I still have problems syncing between devices. It's not good at all. It's anywhere from 1-6 pages off unless you're on the start of a chapter. Sync works fine then. My other issue is that it's becoming a real pain to add a book to both my iPhone and iPad. I have to do everything twice. Why not keep everything in iCloud or Dropbox so when we add a book on one device it automatically shows up on another device with everything including notes, highlights, and bookmarks syncing? The way it's set up now is that the only thing that syncs is your reading position, which is usually wrong. There is still no PDF support either. There are so many great features to this app and I want to keep using it. I'm going back to Kindle though until Marvin gets true sync. I'm hoping the next major version does this.
The Best I've Seen
I jumped on the ebook train once I first learned of the Kindle. Today, I carry my phone everywhere (rather than an ereader) and I find the epub book format much more convenient. This app fills that need and it does it splendidly.
You can format the text however you desire as you read. It has a night time mode (that I now use all the time). It has a multitude of convenient methods to help download books on to your device and ready to read. It's friendly to my battery. The screen brightness can auto adjust based upon your surrounding environment. It has everything one expects from an ereader app and it does it all well.
This is my favorite ereader app. And you can try it yourself with the free version. It's the same as the pro, but you're limited to storing one book in your Marvin library at a time. So give it a shot and maybe you'll fall in love with Marvin like me. I upgraded to pro and am glad I did.
Marvin epub reader
After using iBooks and getting dissatisfied with its performance I looked at almost every EPUB reader available. I have not found any that come close to Marvin. As someone who has vision problems Marvin has the flexibility and the features that are perfect for me. I especially love having the ability to choose from a multitude of page colors and text colors in order to customize a comfortable reading page that suits my needs.
The other very important feature that Is especially helpful is the references feature. When you tap on a reference or footnote the screen comes up in the same font that you set the reading page to. In most other EPUB readers all you get is a little box with very small writing. If you need a larger font what good is that little box? Marvin got this one right. I recommend Marvin to everyone I talk to. DJN
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 08, 2015
- Version: 2.8.5
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2014, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Theme Pack$4.99
- Late Night Blue Theme$0.99
- Sand Theme$0.99
- Royal Purple Theme$0.99
- Cool Blue Theme$0.99
- Spring Grass Theme$0.99
- Hollywood Pink Theme$0.99
- Sunset Orange Theme$0.99
- Glorious Gold Theme$0.99