Marvin - eBook reader for epub
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Marvin is an eBook reader for people who are passionate about their books. Get Marvin and find out why readers are calling it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time"
ENJOY YOUR BOOKS
- A modern and clean user interface, designed for iOS 7
- Format books any way you like
- High fidelity rendering
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books
- A selection of beautiful reading fonts
- Virtually unlimited combinations of text, background colors and page textures
- 2 column layouts in both portrait and landscape (iPad)
- Cloud location sync *
- Publisher layouts and embedded fonts
- Full book search
- Control page warmth and tint in addition to brightness for comfortable night-time reading
- Customizable gestures, swiping to control brightness and warmth, page turn directions, snapping to bookmarks and chapters, etc...
- A reading timer
- Powerful highlighting and annotation tools
- Create custom commands with presets to integrate with Google Maps, Bing Images, Tweetbot, IMDb, Lingvo, Goodreads, Facebook, Wikipedia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary and more
DISCOVER AND LEARN
- Artificial intelligence that reads your books and helps you discover great things about them, their authors, characters, places, events and everything else (English only)
- Intelligently search for and pin web content such as articles, reviews and videos
- Build character summaries as separate EPUBs in seconds
- Automatically build a vocabulary as you look up words in the dictionary
- Offline and online dictionaries
- Incredibly powerful library management tools
- Custom and smart collections
- List and cover library views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Group books by word count
- Reads calibre and extended metadata (subjects, series and tags)
- A metadata editor that also lets choose new covers
- Virtually all the content you see, create and find can be exported and shared
- All exported content can be opened in web browsers and word processors for further reference
- Share status, progress, pictures, text selections and highlights to Facebook and Twitter
YOUR BOOKS, EVERYWHERE
- Find books anywhere in your Dropbox *
- Native calibre support with integration that other readers can only dream of
- OPDS catalogs
- Web downloads
- iTunes and email side-loading
- Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB 2.0 books
- Dropbox support and location sync requires a Dropbox account
If you're into DRM-free books, we've worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 2.7
Please remember to update your reviews. They keep Marvin going!
This is a big one. Here we go...
- German and British English localisations.
- New star rating system (rate a book from the metadata editor).
- Added 6 new smart collections to filter by star rating (to show them, tap the pencil icon in the organiser).
- Added bulk actions to rate sets of books.
- Imports and displays ratings added to books using calibre (applies to newly imported books).
- Shows rating in library list views.
- You can delete bookmarks and highlights from the table-of-contents screen.
- You can edit the note of a highlight from the table-of-contents screen.
- Bookmarks can be annotated from the table-of-contents screen.
- Long pressing a book in library list view opens the metadata editor.
- [iPad] Send main book by email from home screen.
- Long press a book in the home screen to delete, share, annotate and mark it as unopened.
- Keywords in the library search bar (see blog.marvinapp.com for details).
- Added the ability to attach a note to a book (long press home screen, menu in library).
- Added Iowan font (requires iOS 7).
- Streamlined installation (download size for new users is about 11 MB smaller).
- [iPhone] Tweaked home screen animation when switching to secondary book panel.
- Tapping the highlight/note menu button within an existing highlight brings up the editor rather than creating multiple highlights on top of each other.
- Book description when sharing books by email (if available).
- Updated calibre connector to support rating metadata syncing and bulk locking of books using the Marvin XD calibre plugin.
- [iPad] Alpha picker is sticky.
- In-book toolbar icons match text colour.
- Several UI improvements.
- [iPad] Last separator of some iOS 7 popups wasn’t showing.
- Some items in the book actions menu were being incorrectly disabled.
Wow, this app...
This app is the reason I love my iPad. It's incredibly easy to use and so helpful. It makes it possible for me to have a library like the one in Beauty and the Beast right at my fingertips, no ladders needed! I love that you can edit metadata in the app itself, I love the interface, the fonts and colors, the simple commands and shortcuts you can assign to menu buttons. I would say this app has it all, except for the fact that just when I think it can't get any better, Marvin is updated and proves me wrong.
The short and sweet of it is that this app is easily worth a hundred bucks and if you are looking for a way to read books on your device, look no farther than Marvin.
Reigning ebook reader champ
I’ve been reading ebooks since around 2003 and this is the best mobile app I have ever used. I wish all apps were as good as Marvin. The integration with Calibre/OPDS feeds is excellent and I’ve not found a single epub that doesn’t work well. The author is incredibly responsive to user requests and there is even a github setup where users can add feature requests and other users can provide input. Many of Marvin’s great features originated from community requests.
Support for iTunesArtwork?
This is an incredible app. You can configure everything it's possible to configure. The only thing lacking (and something iBooks has obviously) is the ability to display iTunesArtwork for the cover. So if you purchase a book from iTunes, or add a cover yourself in iTunes, Marvin will not display that cover.
Not a huge deal, but I've added covers to about 500 books and it would be nice to see them!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 07, 2014
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2013, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Theme Pack$4.99
- Spring Grass Theme$0.99
- Late Night Blue Theme$0.99
- Cool Blue Theme$0.99
- Sand Theme$0.99
- Royal Purple Theme$0.99
- Hollywood Pink Theme$0.99
- Sunset Orange Theme$0.99
- Glorious Gold Theme$0.99