Interact with your music and fall in love with your library all over again.
Marvis offers a beautiful presentation of your Music Library with loads of powerful features in a minimalistic yet highly customizable UI.
• For iTunes, iCloud Music Library & Apple Music.
‣ Supports Apple Music Search, Browse, For You & Radio.
‣ Non-subscribers can search & browse the Apple Music catalog and play 30s preview for all available songs.
• Use Drag & Drop to add one or more items to Up Next, Play or Shuffle.
• Last.fm (Scrobbles even non-library tracks).
• Advanced Media Details and Artist Info.
• List & Grid Layout. Multiple Grid styles to choose from, like Cover Flow.
• Sort and Group.
‣ Sort by Recently Played/Added, Year, Rating, Play Count and more.
‣ Group Playlists into Albums, Artists, Genres, etc.
• Music.app is required for Marvis to function.
• Due to iOS restrictions, it's not possible to delete items from your library or playlists via Marvis.
Localization to other languages and native iPad support are planned, and a lot more features, the next few months are gonna be very busy ;)
We all love updates with big features, don’t we? But sometimes even small features could very well be huge for many users. This update is full of such features and customizations.
There’s a lot to cover, so let’s begin,
• 4 new icons with a new, very simple glyph.
• Replaced 2 icons with newer Blue/Green gradient icons.
• Application Player
‣ Added the ability to choose Marvis as the player app.
‣ Defaults to Stock Music.app, can be changed via Settings > Player.
‣ Application player allows queue editing.
‣ Lock-Screen and Control Centre widgets open Marvis when clicked.
‣ All this sounds good, but the application player may still be not the right choice for all of you.
‣ Please carefully read the differences and important notes before changing the player app.
‣ If you’re on iOS 12.1.x, you’ll face more issues with application player, updating to the latest version of iOS may fix most.
‣ Overall, the system player is much more reliable, but for many application player also works pretty well. Though, if you face any issues, you can always rollback.
• Mini-Player Subtitle Customizations.
‣ Hidden, Artist Name, Artist + Album Name, Output Device Name, etc.
• Full-Player Album Title Display Mode.
‣ Hidden, Inline with Artist Name, Separate Line.
• Section Layout Settings: Added Rows Customization.
‣ In addition to columns, you can now choose the maximum number of visible rows for each section.
• New Section: Daily Top 100.
• Save Queue to Playlist.
• View preceding songs in Queue.
• Queue details like time left and tracks count.
• 3D Touch
‣ In addition to Long-Tap, you can now 3D Touch items to invoke actions faster.
‣ Supports Continuous Flow gesture to switch selection right after invoking the actions menu without having to lift finger in between.
‣ Long-Tap supports Continuous Flow as well.
‣ Note: If Drag & Drop is enabled, 3D Touch must be invoked before item lift animation begins, as after the item is lifted, there’s gesture conflict.
‣ Choose custom actions for Tap, 3D Touch, Long-Tap, Double-Tap.
‣ Added 3D Touch Title gesture.
‣ Added Double-Tap gesture for Next/Previous buttons to skip intervals (10s, 30s, etc.).
• Sidebar Flow Customizations
‣ Ability to change Vertical Flow direction to Natural (Up = Down, Down = Up).
‣ Ability to Invoke Horizontal Flow from the edge only instead of anywhere. This is helpful for those who cannot get used to invoke gesture and accidentally invoke it often. Switching to edge invoke mode will enable going to the previous screen from anywhere instead of the left edge.
• Song details page now shows Last.fm listeners and scrobbles data.
• Choose add button action: Add to Library, Add to Playlist or Always Ask.
• And as always, there are a few surprise features, we hope you could discover on your own.
• Fixes, optimization & layout improvements.
Have fun using Marvis and stay tuned for more.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App! A Few Suggestions...
Is it possible to have a search bar at the top. This way it avoids a swipe and tap to search a song? This option could be turned off and on in settings. Another suggestion is for the New Releases and Coming Soon, can we customize it to the genre of music we like? Also, I've noticed if I'm playing a song in the background and I open the app, the time where it shows the song at is wrong, the time bar has to catch up. Can it be changed to show the correct time right away? Can the volume bar at the bottom be longer?
Thanks! I totally recommend this app!
Developer Response ,
Glad you like Marvis.
There’s a gesture to invoke search and navigate sidebar. Please refer to Settings > Gestures > Sidebar Flow.
New Releases and Coming Soon are fetched from RSS feeds and not Apple Music APIs, after another user requested genre filter we searched about it and found it only supports Country and Heavy Metal Genre and that too only for New Released & Hot Tracks and only for limited countries. No filters for Coming Soon.
Top Charts however are fetched using Apple Music APIs and do support genre filters and we have planned to support it soon. Unfortunately, top charts are all Apple Music APIs provides in their charts API and nothing else, for the rest we’re left on our own to implement using alternate ways.
Progress bar catching up: currently progress bar uses a smooth animation to transition, when app goes into background it doesn’t receive any progress updates only after returning back. After reading your review, in v3.1.1 we’ve improved this but there sometime does remains a split second lag to update UI, will try and improve further in future. Thanks.
Volume bar: We had tried to make it longer, but the thing is it kept looking like the home indicator that’s available on new iPhones. Marvis does increase the size of the bar while changing the volume, which should help when adjusting. Also, in case you’re not aware the area for touching the volume bar is quite bigger than the visible area.
Thank you for the feedback. We’re constantly trying to improve and have many more features planned for future updates.
Amazing app!! Just one tiny suggestion
Very great app :) I’m not sure if it’s from the same company that made a different music player app called Marvis but this app is very nice, clean and smooth!
I only have one little suggestion for the app. It would be very great if the selected artist page had a swipe down feature to go back to the main artists page just like the song selection in an artist page. That way there can be a quick 2 or 3 swipe down movements to quickly get back to the main artists tab in the app. Thank you very much for creating such a great app!
Developer Response ,
It’s so great to know you’ve been enjoying the app. Yes we’re the same developers who developed the Marvis before.
Sorry, we don’t quite understand what you exactly meant, but we’re feeling you want a similar animation and gesture the way Albums open into full screen. We have plans to do that for artists soon as well.
AMAZING! & the update made it even better!
Honestly everything about this is amazing, and the customizations are even better. I'll never use the regular Music app again. The now playing is so nice, I kind of wish the background could be colors based off of the album cover, but nonetheless, the soft blur is beautiful & so much better than the bland Music app.
Seriously there's no reason for you to not get this app, especially now that they added the Apple Music search! Thank you so much for this.
Developer Response ,
You’re welcome! Thank you for such kind words. Really glad you’re enjoying Marvis.
That’s a good idea to allow using prominent album color, most of the time, this should work as expected, only a few times the algorithm could predict a wrong prominent color. Anyway, will try providing an option in an update.
Thanks for such a nice review.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Aditya Rajveer
- 34.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Aditya Rajveer
- In-App Purchases
- Dark Theme Free
- Candy for Addy $0.99
- Burrito for Addy $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.