MARYLAND Prepares, the official emergency preparedness app provided by the Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), allows Maryland residents to access emergency information and alerts on the go in the event of an emergency. Marylanders can create interactive emergency kits, create customized family communications plans and can view preparation guides so they are more informed on what to do in an emergency.
The MARYLAND Prepares app provides residents with regional emergency and incident alerts within the app's alert section from MEMA'S OSPREY application. It integrates with the phone’s text message, email and social networking features to allow residents to let family members know they are safe. The app also allows MEMA to send statewide emergency text alerts directly to the device’s notification area that can also be viewed within the app.
• Prepare Interactive Emergency Kits
• View Emergency Preparation Guides for different types of emergencies
• Create customized Family Communications Plans
• Send an I’m Safe message via email, text, and social networks
• View real-time alerts for emergencies, weather and traffic
• Monitor current cyber threats and suspicious activity
• Access Maryland Emergency Management Agency news and events
• View current and extended national weather forecasts based on current location; save multiple locations.
• Locate Maryland Emergency Management Contacts and other useful emergency resources
• Support by email, phone and live chat
• Customizable application settings & privacy controls
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to prepare when app doesn’t work.
Clicking on weather does nothing but spinning circle. No information. “I’m safe” is just one additional unnecessary step. Why would I open up at app just to click a button to open up another app to send a text message to say I’m safe it a critical situation?
Can’t zoom into the declared state of emergency document, which I assume is a PDF. A link that would open up the document in a browser would be much more helpful.
App no longer gets past the home screen and crashes as soon as you try to select alerts or any other page.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.