Mascot is group chat run by students, for students. Search, join and create group chats to connect with prospective and admitted students at your dream colleges.
It is the perfect place to:
- share information and resources
- get peer support
- meet future classmates
- get ready for the big transition to college
Don’t leave it to fate on orientation day. Get in on the social scene and join Mascot now!
- Find the right group: easily discover student-run group chats
- Start groups: create group chats with public profiles
- Scalable groups: no limit on group size
- Admin tools: kick members that violate group rules
- User Safety: user to user block, profanity filters, report content
- Easy invite: add friends through text and other apps
- Direct messages: send one-to-one private messages
- Multimedia messages: share video, gifs, memes, pics, and emojis
- Easy log in: secure passwordless sign up/sign in via text
- Notification control: mute specific groups or the entire app
We would love to hear your feedback about Mascot! Search for the group "mascot support", join and chat with the Mascot team directly!
You can also reach us through -
Hey everyone, glad to see the Mascot community is growing! In this new version, we improved the performance, chats should be much faster now! We also fixed some bugs.
More features are coming soon. We love hearing from everyone, keep the suggestions coming and we will make sure to make Mascot better for students to meet and chat!
Ratings and Reviews
Cool idea overall, and it has connected me with some other incoming college freshmen, but there are a lot of problems with the system. 1) There’s no way to report people for inappropriate or rude behavior. 2) When you block someone, their messages just disappear, and you can’t find that person again, even when they’re in the same chat. 3) The messages in the chats get screwed up all the time; they often end up out of order or missing messages. There’s a lot that could be done to improve it. I really only like the premise of the app.🤷♂️
Developer Response ,
Hi Kyra Go, Thank you so much for your constructive criticism. First, we're so sorry you've run into this negative experience using Mascot. We definitely don't want spammers or bullies harming our student-run community and we are working hard to figure out better ways to prevent this from happening. In fact, we are completely revamping the app with a brand new UI and UX which we think will fix everything you mentioned and more. Since you've been so engaged on the app and connect with our mission, we'd love to get more of your thoughts on how to make Mascot better - if you have some spare time and are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Hope to hear back from you soon and best of luck on your college applications! Mascot Team
It helped me connect with other kids and find support throughout the intense college process.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review of Mascot. We're glad Mascot was able to offer some support during the stressful college application time. If you're ever available, we'd love to get your feedback on our future UI and UX designs.
Our email is email@example.com
Look forward and best on your college applications!
Helped make me connections and in very easy to use.
Developer Response ,
Hi reli Ben,
Thanks for the review of Mascot. We are really glad it's helped you meet other college applicants. And we come with good news! - we've been busy creating a brand new UI / UX and are close to completing it, but we'd love to get your feedback on the new features and any suggestion you have on how to make it even better. If you'd like to get more involved, our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopefully we hear back from you.
- Offers Temple Inc.
- 30.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Offers Temple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.