The Mask - IPv4 & IPv6 Calculator (The Internet Address Calculator)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IPv4 & IPv6 Network addressing made easy.
Avoid time-consuming and error-prone manual calculations when designing or troubleshooting your IPv4 and IPv6 networks – use "The Mask" – IPv4 & IPv6 Calculator.
This tool is a must if you are a Network Planner, Network Designer, Network Administrator, or Tech Support Analyst.
“The Mask” is the easiest and most portable way to analyze and configure IPv4 & IPv6 network addresses in the field or in the office and eMail your results.
Download yours today!
Visit www.CylineaSoft.com and send us your ideas.
Providing our customers with what they have requested:
* AirPrint and eMail of results now available
* Ability to specify more subnets for IPv4 VLSM Subnet Design
* Easier access to help on iPad version
IPv4 CALCULATOR (Subnetting & Supernetting):
* Allows you to enter an IP address and subnet mask to calculate the resident subnet, useable address range, and broadcast address for that subnet.
* Tells you the available number of subnets and hosts.
* Tells you the Class of the entered IP address and the default network mask for that Class.
* Tells you if the entered IP address is a Private address.
* Allows you to determine the subnet address, host address range and broadcast address for the "nth" subnet.
IPv4 VLSM SUBNET DESIGN:
* There has never been a full-function Variable Length Subnet Mask Address Design tool as portable and as easy to use as The Mask.
* Simply enter a Base IP address, the number of subnets required, and the desired number of hosts per subnet.
* The Designer automatically determines the subnet address, custom IP address range and broadcast IP address for each desired subnet. Your custom subnets are then displayed in a convenient scrolling list format, all in the palm of your hand.
IPv4 SUPERNET FINDER:
* Allows entry of IP Addresses to be summarized.
* Calculates the SuperNet Address, SuperNet Mask, Wildcard Mask, number of IP Addresses and number of Useable IP Addresses.
* Enter a IP address and Prefix length.
* Displays the Expanded Address, Compressed Address, Subnet Prefix masked, Address ID masked, Prefix Address, Address Type and Network Range.
* Various address types are determined like: Aggregatable Global Unicast, Unspecified, Loopback, Link-Local, Site-Local, Unique-Local and others.
IPv6 SUBNET DESIGN:
* Map multi-level hierarchical subnets by defining various levels and the number of subnets per level.
* View the defined hierarchical levels and the subnet address at each level.
* eMail results at any level.
IPv6 BINARY VIEW:
* Display your IPv6 address in binary format (128 bits).
* Binary-Hex-Decimal Converter
* IPv4 CIDR Prefix Converter
* IPv6 Prefix Length Converter
* IPv4 to IPv6 Address Converter
What's New in Version 3.08
Changed minimum iOS requirement to 4.2 because users on the Verizon network are not able to upgrade to iOS 4.3
Review by a Network Engineer
Pretty good app, but why does VLSM feature hang when pressing the 'view details' or 'more' buttons? It's aggravating to have to force close the app on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.3 everytime I use VLSM calculation tool. Fix thix and I will gladly update my review and give this app 5 stars....as it stands now with that basic functionality broken you should feel a little ashamed to charge $10 bucks for your app...$3 bucks would more accurately reflect it's current worth to an active network engineer in the field.
Just used it a little. But it is a great tool for for investigating current configurations when all you want is to investigate the problem at hand and not get bogged down in hand calculations. It helps you to quickly see the big picture and then to move on to more important issues.
As I have indicated below, The Mask IPv4 / IPv6, is my Hands-Down Favorite when it comes to subnet calculations, and one that any competent Network Administrator will want to have in their 'ToolBox' as they undertake the upcoming conversions to IPv6 network configuration in the 'NEAR' future! ! !
The Mask IPv6 Calclator, etc is WITHOUT A DOUBT the Absolute best when it comes to IP Configurations! ! !
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 25, 2011
- Version: 3.08
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cylinea Systems Corporation
- © 2010 Cylinea Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.