Note: The MaskMe mobile app requires a premium subscription to the MaskMe browser extension. You can download MaskMe for free on the Chrome Web Store or Mozilla Add-ons, and optionally upgrade to premium to use the mobile app.
MaskMe is a simple, easy-to-use browser extension that allows you to register for sites and shop the web without ever giving out your personal info. Every time you click into an online form, MaskMe will be by your side; choose to mask your email, phone, or credit card using disposable info that MaskMe creates and autofills on the spot, or fill in your real information. It works instantly, every time, everywhere.
· Registering on sites and shopping the web is faster & easier with MaskMe.
· Eliminate spam from your inbox
· Get access to the websites you want, without being forced to give up your real email address
· Keep your info out of the hands of companies that sell, share, or lose it
· Secure your credit card from getting hacked
· Make life easier by keeping your accounts organized in one safe place
· Create secure, unique passwords for every site
· Safe online shopping!
· No more surprise credit card charges
· Access all of your Masked Emails, Phones, and Cards on any browser, computer, or mobile phone you use.
MaskMe Mobile Features:
· View your Masked Phone info, and block/unblock callers with a single tap
· Make calls using your Masked Phone; whoever you’re calling, won’t see your real number.
· Access your synced online accounts including logins and passwords.
· View your Masked Emails, and block/unblock senders from your inbox.
· View and control your Masked Cards. Close the card, get a refund, or create a new Masked Card.
· Easily copy and paste logins, passwords, and masked info into your mobile browser.
We've updated the look of the app and fixed a few minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Credit Card "masking" doesn't work
I've attempted to use Abine's credit card masking on 6 separate occasions and each transaction has been declined. Requests for support from Abine were limited to insulting replies such as "Did you input the correct numbers?" Um, yes.
One theory: Merchants are likely on to Abine's mailing address--which you're to enter at the time of the transaction--or the group of "masked" credit card number used by Abine are blacklisted, either of which renders the service useless.
With that said, if you're turning to Abine for credit card masking, I'm telling you now to look elsewhere. Abine's attempt is a abysmal failure.
Happy with desktop version, unhappy with iOS version.
The app is mainly just a listing of what accounts are already set up from the web. It has almost no functionality. No password generator, no email address generator. It's pretty much useless. And you CANNOT just open an iOS browser and login to your account to gain the lacking functions. I've had this app for almost a year, and it hasn't improved. If they don't fix these issues soon, I'm not renewing my subscription.
OK product, snarky customer service.
Product is ok, app not so much. Had issues accessing my account via app. Customer service rep was rude when I asked for clarification on product functionality details ("I just told you" is not an acceptable response). I'll stick around to see if enough improvements are made to the app to keep me as a subscriber, because customer service sure won't.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.