THIS IS A COMPANION APP, TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE MASSIVE DARKNESS BOARDGAME BY CMON INC.
In Massive Darkness, you’ll join forces with the other players to enter the underground lair of the Darkness. You’ll work together, jumping from shadow to light, engaging the enemy when the moment is right. The minions of the Darkness can be anything from orcs, to goblin warriors, to giant spiders. You’ll never know what creatures await you around every corner. Play the quests in order to follow the storyline, or create your own legends using the tokens and modular board tiles. The Lightbringers won this war once before. Now it’s your turn to add your names to the history books!
The Massive Darkness Companion App serves as a digital replacement for the Hero Dashboards used in the boardgame to keep track of each character’s inventory, experience and skills. And the app goes beyond that, offering players some cool extra aids as well.
– Features –
• A virtual deck of equipment cards allows you to easily control your heroes' inventory, switching cards around with a flick of the wrist and no fear of cards slipping around.
• You can also let the app control the Monster, Equipment, Door and Event decks, for an even easier time!
• As you gain experience your new Skill options are automatically displayed, and the app incorporates any pertinent new game effects.
• Having a hard time keeping track of your actions as you gain new free ones? With the Action Bar, you can tick off each specific action as you take it, so you always know what actions you have left.
• Choose any of the Hero characters, including promos.
• Network capabilities! Each player can use their own device if preferred, and the app will maintain the whole game-state gracefully!
Fixed an issue with certain armor cards not being useable.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app, but for some reason, I can't equip armour cards. I have tried on multiple devices to equip armour cards into their designated slot, but it seems that the only armour that I can equip is leather armour. The game is at a high enough level for me to these cards, but it just goes back into my inventory after releasing it over the armour slot. This is especially odd because the other equipment cards work just fine. Is there anything that I am doing wrong, or is there a bug in the app?
Great companion app... only one flaw found
Great companion app. I have already tried it out. So far, only found one flaw. The character Azrael has the ability of treating equipped 2 handed weapons as 1 handed. Doesn’t seem to work. When I put a 2 handed weapon in a slot and try to equip anything else, it removes the 2 handed weapon. Aside from this, great app. Simplifies having to setup a lot of the cards for gameplay and manages cards simply
Absolutely love this game. Loved the look of the app. But here’s the thing...it’s not even close to complete.
I cannot imagine they had anyone outside of a small inner circle even try to play test this, because it’s completely unplayable. Server mode is buggy, app does not allow for hero powers that let you “cheat” (like count 2-handed weapons as 1-handed), and is missing some VERY basic functionality (such as trading items between characters).
CMON, if you need someone to help you play test these things, let me know. As it stands, this is unplayable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.