Master Electrician Reference Lite (or MER Lite for short) is your electronic pocket electrician reference guide.
MER Lite is for electrical designers, engineers, installers, contractors, facility managers, inspectors, exam candidates, apprentices, electricians, journeymen, architects, and technicians. MER is for people doing residential, industrial, and commercial work. Simply, if you are a Master Sparky or work with electricity in any way, this reference guide is for you!
Have you ever lost pages or had damaged pages in your pocket electricians reference? The solution is here: Use MER Lite to keep the most important information easily accessible on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. MER Lite will even do calculations for you; something your old pocket reference book can't do.
MER Lite is divided into the following sections:
* Motors and Wiring
- Standard motor and motor starter sizes, tables of full-load currents, locked-rotor information, overload units, OCPD, nameplate information, synchronous motor speeds, three-phase STAR and DELTA diagrams, three-wire start-stop diagram, motor frame dimensions, and motor enclosure types.
- Ampacities in raceway, cable, earth, and free air, and derating tables.
* Conduit Fill table
* Grounding Sizes
- Equipment grounding conductor (EGC) and grounding electrode conductor (GEC).
* Voltage Drop calculations
* Conduit Bending
- Includes the guide "The Master Bender Way" on how to bend conduit. See the Master Bender app or MasterBender.com website for more information.
* Standard Tool List
- Safety manual and first aid.
Most pages contain a general scientific calculator. It is expression based: Just enter an expression and evaluate it. It understands trig and power functions, can convert between radians and degrees, and has built-in basic constants like pi and e.
MER includes key NEC tables from the National Electrical Code (NEC) 2011.
Visit our website at MasterSparky.com for more information.
If you like MER Lite, you will love the full MER. It contains much more information. The full MER are available in versions covering the NEC 2011, 2014, and 2017 code years.
► We have fixed some bugs.
► We have updated the NEC Adoption Notice map to show how 2017 NEC is gaining momentum.
Please check which version of NEC is used in your area. You should get the version of our app that matches the NEC code year. This version supports the 2011 NEC -- which is now used in fewer and fewer States. If your State has moved to the 2014 and 2017 NEC, we strongly recommend you move to MER 2014 or 2017.
This is a lite version of MER 2011. The full version contains much more information.
Ratings and Reviews
Keeps me in practice
The basics are there but this version is free.
I plan to get the full version of 2017 which has much more information....also Master Bender Gold bundle.
This version is not lacking and I am able to get the look and feel of the paid version before upgrading.
Thanks, Trocken1, for the nice words, but I think you meant this review of our other app: Electrical Code-A-Day.
I had to find a new app when IOS11 came. I tried this one but the info seems to be lacking in many areas.
- PawEng, LLC
- 38.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 - 2018 PawEng, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.