Tape simulation recorder, player and effect for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Easy to use application with convenient control brings the richness and warmth of analog tape machines to your instrument, voice or final tracks.
Not only as an effect but also as a standalone application the Master Record can be used with external audio interfaces for real-time sound processing and high-quality recording in the studio together with other equipment.
In addition with this application you can convert audio formats, change sample rate, convert bit depth, cut part or trim a track and apply fade-in and fade-outs.
Audio processing features:
● High-quality audio processing algorithms.
● Classic High / Low shelf Equalizer with fine adjustment.
● Noise gate on input with variable threshold and release time.
● Three types of tape saturation effect similar to various equipment modes.
● Wow / flutter effect with three modes and various frequency responses.
● Noise effect with several types of actual noises for more natural sounding.
● High quality limiter prevents clipping and makes sound more intense.
● Separate level control for each channel with link option.
● Split stereo file to mono files and make two channels file from mono.
● File format, sample rate and bit depth conversion.
● Support wav, aif, mp3, m4a, caf, flac audio formats.
● Playback and recording new file at the same time.
● Possibility to auto start record when input signal appears.
● All processing parameters are stored for each file.
● Possibility to create and A/B compare presets.
● Highly visible time counter, level meters, free space and battery.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
● Detailed application description.
● Sharing files on SoundCloud web service (you will need free SoundCloud account).
● Support for the Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
● Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
● Support "Open in" feature to get audio files from other applications.
● Option to "Open file in" sends file directly to another application.
● Access to files through internal Web service in WiFi network.
● Support for iTunes file share.
● Inter-App Audio compatible.
● Support Audiobus in Effect and Output slots.
● Support Audiobus "State Saving" feature.
● Recording and playback with External audio interface, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
Third generation of iPad and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-App Audio and Audiobus).
You can find technical details, description and support on the Master Record website:
● iOS 10 compatibility update.
● Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love it. Superb tape saturation.
Great app, superb tape saturation and vinyl crackle. Would be nice if it was AUv3 but not sure how the devs would get the UI into a smaller window, maybe just with presets?
Error Domain=dropbox Code=400 "(null)" Path=/,error=v1_retired
I can't get to Dropbox login.
Master Record to convert Vinyl
I purchased Master Record to convert vinyl records to digital files, using a "line-in to iPad microphone inputs" cord. Master Record works exceedingly well for this task. The large digital VU meters, along with the superb input volume limiter is working wonders to keep my levels consistent. A problem that used be the plague of all my digital recordings. I also love the 2-band shelf EQ, I use it to boost the bass and hold back a bit of treble. I also love the easy to use interface, the running record timer, and the "web enable" feature in the Files tab. I do not have any love for introducing "flutter" or any kind of "noises". I wish that Master Record offered a bit of reverb, and soundstage widening effects, instead, maybe a "loudness switch" emulator would also be a nice addition as well. I keep flutter, saturation and noises at zero. But as I said the limiter, the 2 band EQ and "easy to use" interface, and web access, all add up to a superb program to help you get that vinyl onto your iPod. I can whole heatedly recommend Master Record for this task.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.