Master the art of smoking, from prep to plate, with the new and improved app from Masterbuilt. With custom timers and alerts, no detail is missed while monitoring your masterpiece. Whether you’re a novice or a backyard BBQ pro, you’ll enjoy the ability to operate and control features of your smoker from your smart device. Set the smoking temperature and time, monitor the internal meat temperature, and enjoy the process.
With the smoker in mind, the Masterbuilt app features over 250 delicious recipes to get you started on the path to mastery. With the shopping list feature, you won’t forget your favorite wood chips or key ingredients at the store. With an improved design and Bluetooth connectivity updates, creating signature dishes that become family traditions has never been easier.
• Control multiple Masterbuilt digital electric smokers with a single mobile device.
• Control the same Masterbuilt digital electric smoker from multiple devices.
• Craft a masterpiece with recipes from cookbook author and leader of Masterbuilt, John McLemore.
• Capture all the ingredients for your masterpiece with the integrated shopping list.
Master it. Masterbuilt.
- New Feature: Current Smoker temperature is now displayed all the time.
- New Feature: A notification sound will be played when the meat probe-target temperature is reached. (New models only)
- Fixed: Tapping skip during onboarding wouldn’t take the user to the recipes screen.
- Fixed: Recipes were missing a few steps.
- Fixed: The recipe list screen would scroll to top automatically after coming back from a recipe.
- Fixed: The app’s remote wasn’t displaying the remaining cook time if there was no temperature setting.
- Fixed: A crash would occur in the temperature picker screen.
- Fixed: Smokers would sometimes be duplicated in the app’s dashboard if the Smoker’s was added from the profile screen.
- Fixed: The user couldn’t navigate back to the profile screen after adding a smoker from within their profile.
Ratings and Reviews
The Master Built Smoker app works with my brand new 30 inch smoker and has some neat features. Aside from registering my smoker and giving me access to some recipe ideas, the App should be all about operating the smoker without having to go to the smoker, and it does do that but there are a few things that could be improved to make it a five star App. #1, the App needs an option to set a notification based on the probe temperature reaching the desired threshold. #2, the light button on the App makes no sense because it also turns on the flashlight on my iPhone, and additionally, the light on my smoker doesn't do any good unless the door is opened, so I just assume use the light button on the smoker itself vs. using it on the app.
New Version Update is great Oct-2018
I updated the app and like the look and feel of it overall. It has new timers and set temp ui. It still has the same limitations of Bluetooth connectivity, but that's more of a hardware limitation with the phone. I would suggest loading the app on a device you can leave positioned closer to the smoker. In other words do not expect to set it, go to the store and have it remain connected. Wi-Fi would be great but I'd rather limit the devices I have on my router so keep the Bluetooth option. One weird thing that I found was that the cool looking smoke background will take over my Apple TV feed when casting and using the Masterbuilt app at the same time.
Update lost best function
Since the update I really like new look and temp functions that it gave. Mulch easier to use. BUT. You took away the ability to turn on the smoker or turn off the smoker remotely. WHY? WHY would you do that? I could get up, go to kitchen, remotely turn smoker on and set my meat out on to the table to get up to room temp. Now I have to go outside walk down some very dark stairs and physically turn it on. And in the winter it was awesome to be able to turn it on remotely. I realize this may sound petty to some but it literally was the best feature about the smoker. Now it’s gone.
- Masterbuilt Manufacturing, Inc.
- 187.6 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Masterbuilt Manufacturing, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.