By 2KB LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
BACKGAMMON #1 IN RUSSIA AND TURKEY!
"The game is exactly what a backgammon app should be. It has a great look, detailed instructions, and is faithful to the original game. The number of match-making offerings is impressive and the controls are easy to use." -- 148apps
"To put it simply, Backgammon Masters is one gorgeous looking application." -- TheiPhoneAppReview
Backgammon Masters is a wonderfully executed game of backgammon in medieval style. It has very simple and easy to use interface for real fans of this popular board game! Backgammon is one of the oldest board games in the world, beginnings of which date back to more than 5000 years. Despite its old age millions of people all around the world enjoy this game up to this day. Play with friends, organize tournaments and improve your skill! One match will only take you 5 to 30 minutes.
● 5 backgammon styles: Backgammon, Narde, Nackgammon, Old English and Tawla
● 3 game modes: game against AI, game on one iMac or MacBook and also multiplayer via internet.
● 100% fair and completely random dice rolls
● Option to check dice fairness in the game
● 6 beautiful boards: Classic, Metal, 10,000BC, Profi, Casino and White Crocodile!
● 2 difficulty levels in game vs AI
● Daily tournaments in backgammon and narde
● Extensive match statistics.
● Share your success on Facebook or Twitter!
● Find new friends and opponents in global chat!
● Elo score support and skill levels for players. Can you reach the top?
● Free updates!
● Highlighting available moves, Undo function, Online Chat and much, much more.
● Crisp, high definition graphics for Retina Display
Masters of Backgammon is also available on AppStore for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Get Masters of Backgammon and play with your friends through an online server!
If you like this game, give us a rating and become a fan on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
What's New in Version 1.6.2
- Main chat displays the number of active and total players in the chat room
- Main chat displays last 10 messages
- Doubling cube moves to the side which has the right to raise
- Added game mode "One touch move". Click once on the checker to make it move. If a checker can move both with first and second dice then player can change the order of dice. This option can be enabled in "Settings" and is turned off by default.
- Added status indicators for friends upon inviting to a game. Red indicator - your friend is busy and not available for a game, green indicator - your friend is online and ready to play. No indicator - friend has not connected to the game and invitation is only possible via push-notification.
- Added notification in mini-profile upon changes in friends list
- Graphical interface changes
- Lowered price for friend list expansion 2 times
- Backgammon style is indicated upon inviting to a game
- Fixed bug in game rules. This bug allowed not to use both dice as required.
- Fixed bug upon calculating game results for a backgammon win
- Fixed various bugs and crashes
Don’t waste your money
The random number generation has become WORSE. I can’t believe they actually succeeded in making this game a bigger waste of time than before, but they did. Just coming off a game where I rolled 5 1-2 while all my men were ready to board off…in 8 rolls. Outrolled by 140 in a 4 game match. Due to the number of his pieces I knocked out, I had 50 more rolls than him…do the math.
The creator of this game should be charged with impersonating a programmer.
I reported a possible bug to support. Their reply didn't satistfy me, so I wrote again with more detail. No reply to that email. But, suddenly I went on a losing streak with opponents having amazing accuracy knocking off any exposed blot and rolling an incredible number of doubles. Since 2bk knows who I am every time I play, could they be punishing me???
Very strange download method, but OK play
I’d give the game play 4 stars. It plays a fair game at the Professional level, but still makes some really dumb moves (leaving home pieces exposed, not getting pieces into home to prevent gammon, etc.). Contrary to other reviews, I find the dice roll not all that bad. Granted it is amazing sometimes how many doubles in a row it can get, and those games are frustrating. But overall when I kept track of the rolls, it was pretty close to statistical averages. It seems to only be biased when is winning and in a favorable position. Of all the backgammon games I’ve tried, this one seemed the fairest overall.
The reason for the poor rating is the rather unique download. When you download the program (IOS or Mac), you can’t play the program. If your device does a program update automatically, you can’t play the progeram. At no time can you play the program as downloaded UNTIL it downloads resources. So if you’re flying or elsewhere with no internet, you have a worthless application. You can’t even play a basic game. That is just plain dumb. The Mac and the IOS devices frequently update apps and you have no idea (unless you look at the App Store update list) if Backgammon was one of those. So off you go and you launch the program, only to find it won’t run until you are again connected to the internet to download needed resources. Come on—make the app complete for at least basic play. Resources can be downloaded for advanced play or additional features.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish
- Seller: 2KB LLC
- © 2KB LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Sack of gold$9.99
- Gold coins$1.99
- Bag of gold$4.99
- Chest of gold$19.99
- Pile of gold$49.99
- 5 in 1 Boards pack$3.99
- Board: Green$0.99
- Board: White crocodile$0.99
- Board: 10,000 BC$0.99
- Board: Pro$0.99