The Ultimate mate in 2 moves chess puzzle app!
Sharpen your chess skills with Mate in 2 Puzzles! Beginners and experienced players will enjoy solving these chess problems!
This app has over 1200 interactive chess problems ranging from easy to harder puzzles that will challenge you and help improve your chess skills. The object is to finish each game by forcing a checkmate in 2 moves. The puzzles consist of a large number of classical puzzles collected from a variety of sources. These puzzles are fun to play and can be enjoyed at your leisure on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Mate in 2 chess problems are especially useful for learning to play chess or anyone wanting to improve their skills.
New features added in Version 2.0 include:
- Completely revamped chess engine that is much stronger
- Timing clock is displayed while you are working on each puzzle. How long you take to solve a puzzle is stored.
- New options: more chess piece sets (total of 7) and more colors schemes (total of 7) including wood and marble. (Improved the options menu as well)
- Social Gaming: Leaderboards to compare the number of puzzles you have solved with your friends and other players. Facebook integration - including the ability to post your progress and ask your friends for help on a puzzle.
- Universal app - works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - high resolution graphics all around (where supported).
For even more chess puzzle challenges check out these apps:
- Mate in 1 Puzzles
- Mate in 3 Puzzles
- Mate in 4+ Puzzles
- Support for the iPhone X including Super Retina HD graphics
- Significantly improved compatibility with iOS 11
- Speed improvements
- many bug fixes
- new icon
Ratings and Reviews
I really enjoy this app. Sometimes I find it very hard to put down. I just know I'll do better on the next puzzle! I do wish that, after a puzzle is solved, I could reverse some black moves and try different responses. Sometimes it seems black may have made a poor choice, resulting in the mate.
Challenging, but not impossible
I've been working one or two if these puzzles every evening for several months. I typically spend between 10 and 30 minutes figuring each puzzle out. Very engaging!
Mate in 2?
I enjoying using mate in 2, I only wish that there was an option to play black against the white, because sometimes I'm sure it's not a true mate in 2 game, only an error on blacks move.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.