The Ultimate mate in 4 moves chess puzzle app!
Sharpen your chess skills with Mate in 4 Puzzles! Experienced players and anyone looking for a good challenge will enjoy solving these chess problems!
This app has 1000 interactive chess puzzles that will challenge you. The object is to finish each game by forcing a checkmate in 4 to 8 moves. The puzzles consist of a large number of classical puzzles collected from a variety of sources. These puzzles are fun to play and can be enjoyed at your leisure on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Mate in 4+ chess problems are especially useful for more advanced chess players or anyone wanting to improve their skills.
New features added in Version 2.0 include:
- Completely revamped chess engine that is much stronger
- Timing clock is displayed while you are working on each puzzle. How long you take to solve a puzzle is stored.
- New options: more chess piece sets (total of 7) and more colors schemes (total of 7) including wood and marble. (Improved the options menu as well)
- Social Gaming: Leaderboards to compare the number of puzzles you have solved with your friends and other players. Facebook integration - including the ability to post your progress and ask your friends for help on a puzzle.
- Universal app - works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - high resolution graphics all around (where supported).
For even more chess puzzle challenges check out these apps:
- Mate in 1 Puzzles
- Mate in 2 Puzzles
- Mate in 3 Puzzles
- Support for the iPhone X including Super Retina HD graphics
- Significantly improved compatibility with iOS 11
- Speed improvements
- many bug fixes
- new icon
Ratings and Reviews
I love your mate apps. I have them all. Mate in 1,2,3,4+ Ty for your hard work. It's about time someone made a puzzle game. For .99 this is a must. For any rated player new players will learn a lot so will us old dogs.
I've found these puzzles challenging, and would recommend them to anybody. Check out "Mate in 2+", and "Mate in 3+" to prepare you for longer calculations in chess.
First puzzle not exactly very friendly but the app overall is good.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.