Mate Puzzles Free
By Gano Technologies LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A free version of the Ultimate mate in 1 to 4+ chess puzzle apps!
Sharpen your chess skills! Beginners and experienced players will enjoy solving these chess problems!
This app has 10 interactive chess problems ranging from easy mate in one move problems to very challenging mate in four moves. The object is to finish each game by forcing a checkmate in a given number of moves. In the full versions of this app there are a much larger number of classical puzzles collected from a variety of sources. These puzzles are fun to play and can be enjoyed at your leisure on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Chess problems are especially useful for learning to play chess or anyone wanting to improve their skills.
New features added in Version 2.0 include:
- Completely revamped chess engine that is much stronger
- Timing clock is displayed while you are working on each puzzle. How long you take to solve a puzzle is stored.
- New options: more chess piece sets (total of 7) and more colors schemes (total of 7) including wood and marble. (Improved the options menu as well)
- Social Gaming: Leaderboards to compare the number of puzzles you have solved with your friends and other players. Facebook integration - including the ability to post your progress and ask your friends for help on a puzzle.
- Universal app - works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - high resolution graphics all around (where supported).
For even more chess puzzle challenges check out these apps:
- Mate in 1 Puzzles
- Mate in 2 Puzzles
- Mate in 3 Puzzles
- Mate in 4+ Puzzles
What's New in Version 3.2.1
- Fixed bug in which the app would crash or possibly not send the correct .pgn file in an email when exporting a puzzle.
- Fixed crash when re-running the hint solver multiple times
- Updated a few alternate puzzle solutions given in the hints
- other minor fixes and iOS compatibilities issues
First, thank you, to the publisher making this available for free. I have enjoyed what I could.
There are more than one way to approach the report on this app if either you are up for a good challenge or if you like find a way to burn time. It's possible to want both, like waiting until you've finished serving your sentence.
The way I approach is to just find the solution. We assume everyone would. It's frustrating when the solution is bogus. Once that happens I leave the app forever as I'm not in jail and don't need to burn time.
Case in point is the W.Pauly, puzzle. The visual solution isn't possible and the print-out of the moves isn't accurate. It's just mistakes but that's frustrating. After that I can no longer trust the app.
It's good to get an eye for checkmate. The shorter scenarios are more realistic for sharpening your game. The 3- 4 move puzzles depend on the computer opponents yet unknown moves and are more like hobby time.
I'm sure they will fix or remove the W.Pauly puzzle.
These chess puzzles are a delightful challenge. Thank you. If you relish the smell of circuits burning between your ears, tally-ho. The app is no push-over but merciful enough to let your head expand a size or two --if you have a big sack of patience and try a passel of times. ( I'm still trying, and still not solving too many. But if you lean in your ear a million meters closer and stifle a heartbeat or two in a row, you just might sense my skull stretching.) Yeah, the puzzles are great fun, in a humble pie kind of way. Don
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 15, 2016
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gano Technologies LLC
- © Shawn E. Gano
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.