Stop tabbing to translation websites and start using Mate! Select text in any app and translate it. Join the other 550,000 users worldwide that are already using Mate.
Mate can understand 103 languages! Translate selected text and clipboard contents with Mate. Open it above all other apps.
• Right-click on selected text in almost any app to translate it.
• Press Alt+Shift+T to translate your clipboard.
• Press Alt+Shift+T to open Mate above all opened apps, too.
Stop tabbing to Google Translate for translations, just use Mate!
TRANSLATE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
• Mate understands 103 languages and also teaches you how to pronounce words correctly.
• Get translations for Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian and more!
• See the phonetic transcription and transliteration of words and text.
• Mate can speak out words and texts with correct accents to help you learn faster.
CREATE A CUSTOM PHRASEBOOK
• Language learners and travelers! Create custom word lists each language and keep them handy whenever you need.
• Mate Phrasebook – Easily create and curate word lists which are available even offline.
USE MATE ANYWHERE
• Don’t navigate to translation websites anymore when you’re reading an article in Safari or editing a document in Pages. Just use Mate everywhere you go!
• Select any text in any app and get a translation by hitting the “Translate with Mate“ button in the context menu.
SYNC TRANSLATIONS ACROSS ALL DEVICES
• Keep all of your translation and dictionary data synchronized across all your devices.
• Automatically synchronize your data between all your iPhones, browsers and Macs.
No matter what you need translated, a word, a book or a friends’ message, no compromise! Now “Mate it,” will mean, “Come on man, just use this awesome app and forget about using translation websites.” Use Mate for all your translation needs!
Download Mate today to get your ultimate translation helper!
Autorun fixed. A couple of other minor bugs fixed.
Feedback? We're looking to hear it at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Right away I have a feature request
Downloaded this a few days ago & decided to bite the price bullet, even though there is at least one other decent translation app for Mac out there that costs significantly less. What sold me on this one is the interdevice (Mac OS & iOS) sync capability and that there are things I like about the display options. For example, when I add a word to translate, the translation includes a list of related words indicating overlapping meanings. So I learn that rather than use “pedir” for “ask”, I might want to use “invitar”. The other app does this, too, but not as concisely and immediately visible, i.e., you have to scroll down the page.
But there is one significant (for me) feature that as far as I can tell this app lacks. That feature is that there is no way to unmoor the popup window from the Mac menu bar and move it around the desktop. So I can’t move that window around when it covers a part of the screen with information I am working with. This is a problem, for example, in Safari when the info I want to be able to see is at the very top of the page. I can deal with this a lot of the time by repositioning Safari (but then I have to reposition it when I am through) and by moving the Mate app in the menu bar, but all that that is klutzy. So if I could unpin the dropdown window & place it anywhere on the screen, where it would stay till I got rid of it, that would be great!
A good tool with Pimsleur’s iPhone app.
I ike the sync between devices, but there are some hiccoughs. I’m not sure that the first list I made on my iPhone BEFORE I created a sync account isn’t lost on the iPhone. It is present in the Mac App. Surely this is just a programming error. Also, there is no way to manage lists. You can’ rename or reorder them that I can see. There seems to be no way on the web site to manage these either, though there wouldn’t be a need to if you could do that on the devices themselves. Be sure and decide to create a sync account BEFORE you start using wordlists as they might not show up on the iPhone afterward. They did show up on the Mac App version however. Also remember that there is no easy way to move words from one list to another.
I’m using the app to create wordlists for each of the lessons in Pimsleur’s Haitian Creole and naming them by lesson as my whole family is learning the language. While the Pimsleur’s Haitian Creole is very good, the reading lessons lack a lot to be desired and don’t even start until lesson 11. The wordlists will help us all to see words that are giving us problems. Hopefully these issues will be resolved in future with Mate Translate.
I have rated Mate - translate speech & text five star. Currently, I am learning to type the Cyrillic alphabet from the Solo Typing Tutor Program Application. It is difficult. Russian is not my native language. “Mate” has provide a means to translate, easily and quickly, the words, which are so redundant, in Solo’s exercises. Not only has this process help me to learn the details of “Mate” but also the Russian language. I am not familiar with all the advantages of “Mate”. I am looking forward to learn these and so will learn to write using the Cyrillic alphabet. Thank you.
- Twopeople Software LLC
- 13.5 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Twopeople Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.