By Cogeon GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MATH 42 helps middle-school-, high-school- and college-students to understand mathematics better. It helps them with homework, ahead of tests and during studies with (1) intelligent approaches to the solution, (2) Step-by-Step solutions and (3) a training- and test-mode. Exercises and solutions can be posted on Facebook and sent by eMail.
FREE MATHEMATICAL FEATURES
All math that was free up until now will also be available for free in this version of MATH 42.
• Simplifications and transformations (Signs, combining, factorizing, binomial decomposition, …)
• Fractions (adding, reducing, multiplying, simplifying, GCD, LCM, …)
• Logarithms and trigonometric functions (rad/deg)
• Linear equations
• Fractional equations
• Quadratic equations
• Systems of equations (linear and non-linear)
• Polynomial long division
• Derivation (sums, exponents, products, quotients, chain, powers, roots, trigonometry, …)
• Graphical Curve Sketching (Derivation, roots, extremes, inflection points, poles, asymptotical functions, intersection points)
PREMIUM MATHEMATICAL FEATURES
The Premium features are available for registered users for free for one month. From there on they’ll be available through a subscription.
• Equations of higher degree (numerical solutions, substitution)
• Exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric equations (Substitution)
• Absolute value and inequations (Case distinction)
• Polynomials (Roots, factors)
• Integrals (By parts, by substitution, partial fraction decomposition), definite and indefinite integral
• Curve Sketching (Derivation, roots, extremes, inflection points)
• Matrices (adding, multiplying, determinant (2x2, Sarrus, Laplace), inverse, characteristic polynomial, eigenvalues and -vectors, kernel, rank, Gauss-algorithm, LSE)
Unlimited access to all Premium features with one of the following subscriptions:
• 1 month for 8,99 USD
• 3 months for 17,99 USD (5.99 USD / month)
• 6 months for 23,99 USD (3.99 USD / month)
• 12 months for 35,99 USD (2.99 USD / month)
Your subscription will automatically renew after 1, 3, 6 or 12 months depending on your chosen subscription and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions or concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2D-input of formulae (without edit line), combined with intelligent parentheses — like a calculator without complicated commands
• Intelligent suggestions and approaches to the solution
• Detailed Step-by-Step solutions, like those of a private tutor — with displayable steps and sub-steps
• Comprehensive mathematical explanations — for each step and notion
• Exercises and test results in the cloud — available on all iOS devices
• Interactive graphs incl. graphical curve sketching
• New calculator — shows computations in steps
• Choice of the unknown
• Sharing functions — Exercises and solutions can be posted on Facebook and sent by eMail
• Automatically saves calculated exercises
• Problem-specific help
• Exercises — subdivided by topic and level
• Training mode — afterwards each problem can be analyzed step-by-step
• Test mode for a realistic assessment of skills
• Test results and statistics show progress over time
• Tests and exercises were created in cooperation with experienced pedagogues and private tutors
• MATH 42 works without templates or pre-calculated solutions
• MATH 42 solves all problems on the fly, like a teacher at the board
• MATH 42 is a real symbolic algebra system
• MATH 42 bases on artificial intelligence — intelligent approaches,…
• MATH 42 works offline — it doesn’t need an internet connection
• The entire intelligence lies within MATH 42 itself
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Minor bugfixes and performance improvements — MATH 42 is even better now!
Download and enjoy!
Before the app's most recent update, this was my go to for general problem solving. The features that the app implemented were phenomenal; there wasn't much that the app couldn't handle besides the occasional substitute method. Now, dear god. I have an iPhone 6, and it literally gets hot trying to run this premium pos. The app is incredibly slow. It can take several minutes just to type a single problem, let alone the time it takes to "calculate" the problem. Recently I've tried to add/subtract rational expressions, and the time to calculate the problems has been anywhere from 20-30 secs. That's unbelievable, my phone has crashed multiple times trying to use what used to be a quality product. Much disappointment.
Needs work - updated
Update: I hope you can now see a subscription fee will lead to the end of this app. Of the six CAS capable apps I have, this is the only one with a recurring subscription fee and also the least capable.
This program is able to perform basic math but is not fully ready for complex problems. I tried several complex equations that other calculators and apps had no problem with but this one got many of those wrong.
Also, I fully understand the need to charge a fee for your time and effort but a recurring subscription is a bad idea. There are several advanced Calculator apps that are more robust that perform symbolic algebra and calculus for a very reasonable one time fee.
WAS GREAT UNTIL NOW
I've had this app even before they started making people try to pay for the service and let me tell you. It was way better before they started that mess. The app was fast and really great and worked like a pro! Ever since they implemented this "premium version" which is total crap. The app has turned to crap too. I'm deleting the app as soon as this review is done but I'm very disappointed in the progression in this app 👎🏽
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 19, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cogeon Gesellschaft für intelligente Lösungen mbH
- © Cogeon • Berlin • 2010 - 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Abo$8.99
- Premium Features Abo$35.99
- Premium Features Abo$17.99
- Premium Features Abo$23.99