By Cogeon GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MATH 42 helps students from the 5th to the 12th grade with math — starting with homework to the preparation for tests — by (1) presenting intelligent recommendations, showing how to solve a problem, by (2) giving detailed, illustrated step by step solutions, and (3) a Training and Test Mode that allows you — thanks to statistics — to evaluate your progress and improve yourself. Problems and Solutions can be posted on Facebook or sent per eMail.
Mathematics and expensive tutoring are the Nr. 1 problem of parents and students. MATH 42 is the answer to this problem by basically eliminating the need for an expensive tutor. It is always close at hand and accessible thanks to its offline operation.
NEW: The entire functionality including the training exercises and tests are comprised in the purchase price.
Assessment Center (from Version 1.5)
• More than 380 exercises available per topic and level.
• Training Mode for exercising, with the possibility to go through each problem step by step afterwards.
• Test Mode for a realistic evaluation of your math skills.
• Tests comprise between 5 and 20 exercises depending on topic and level, which have to be solved at a stretch.
• Test evaluations and statistics allow you to look at your progress over time.
• The red-yellow-green display makes it even easier to spot your strengths and weaknesses.
• Tests und exercises have been compiled in collaboration with experienced private math tutors, educators and teachers.
• Simple entry of problems including variables, parameters and numbers - as simple as a normal calculator without complicated commands.
• Intelligent suggestions - show you how a problem can be solved using different paths organized by methods used.
• One touch suffices to get the answer step by step, like with a good math tutor, including the possibility to hide and show specific steps.
• Detailed explanations for every step and every notion.
• Intelligent plotting function - Zeros, maximums, minimums, turning points, asymptotes and areas of definitions of functions are displayed.
• Innovative calculator - processes variables and numbers in an expression and displays its calculations step by step in a comprehensive simple way.
• Free choice of the unknown when solving an equation or deriving a function
• Sharing function - Problems and step by step answers can be posted on Facebook or sent by eMail for a receiver to import onto his MATH 42 with just one click.
• Automatically saves all problems.
• Help adapted to context.
• Simplification of terms - simplification of signs, summery of terms, factorization and binomial expansion of terms, rearrangement of terms ...
• Fractions: Addition, multiplication, simplification, reduction of complicated fractions.
• Linear equations
• Equations including fractions
• Quadratic equations
• Systems of linear equations
• Derivation: Sums, degrees, products, quotients, chains, powers, roots, trigonometry....
• Graphic curve sketching
• MATH 42 works without templates or preformed answers.
• The problem at hand is solved on-the-spot, like a real math tutor.
• MATH 42 is an algebraic system that works symbolically.
• MATH 42 uses artificial intelligence (intelligent propositions and answers...).
• MATH 42 does not require a internet connection. It operates completely offline.
• The entire intelligence behind MATH 42 is included within the program.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
This is a good app to use as a resource in the classroom. One can type an equation/function into the app and it will spit out the answer as well as different options to break the problem down. It is however bad in the sense that it gives the student the answer the work that goes with it. So if the student knew of this app, they could easily copy the answer down. The benefits of this app are that the student can walk through the problem step by step, but also it is a free option to graph functions because of the graphing capabilities in the app. Students could compare their work with the work shown on the app to gain a better understanding. But there is a fine line between learning from comparing your work and just copying the correct answer. Overall, appreciate what this has to offer, but wouldn't use it in the classroom since it gives the students the answer.
I am a teacher but I am not a math teacher. So I use the app when helping some of my students with their home work. We work though a few using the app. After they see the problem broken down in steps by the calculator.. The student gains the knowledge to finish the rest of the problems on their own
- All the symbols my student needs for basic Algebra are on one keyboard - no need to toggle among different keyboards for ex. Letters, symbols, etc.
- Custom problems can be entered, so my student can work on his assigned problems rather than pre-programmed problems.
- My student can't enter text while viewing the solutions, so even if he "gets the answers" he has to remember the steps and input them himself.
- Allow my student to export multiple problems at once, so he doesn't have to 'turn in' his homework one problem at a time.
- Allow the solution/calculation supports to be turned off for assessment purposes.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 24, 2014
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Cogeon Gesellschaft für intelligente Lösungen mbH
- © Cogeon • Berlin • 2010 - 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.