By Cogeon GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MATH 42 helps middle-school-, high-school- and college-students to understand mathematics better. It helps them with homework, ahead of tests and during studies with (1) intelligent approaches to the solution, (2) Step-by-Step solutions and (3) a training- and test-mode. Exercises and solutions can be posted on Facebook and sent by eMail.
FREE MATHEMATICAL FEATURES
All math that was free up until now will also be available for free in this version of MATH 42.
• Simplifications and transformations (Signs, combining, factorizing, binomial decomposition, …)
• Fractions (adding, reducing, multiplying, simplifying, GCD, LCM, …)
• Logarithms and trigonometric functions (rad/deg)
• Linear equations
• Fractional equations
• Quadratic equations
• Systems of equations (linear and non-linear)
• Polynomial long division
• Derivation (sums, exponents, products, quotients, chain, powers, roots, trigonometry, …)
• Graphical Curve Sketching (Derivation, roots, extremes, inflection points, poles, asymptotical functions, intersection points)
PREMIUM MATHEMATICAL FEATURES
The Premium features are available for registered users for free for one month. From there on they’ll be available through a subscription.
• Equations of higher degree (numerical solutions, substitution)
• Exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric equations (Substitution)
• Absolute value and inequations (Case distinction)
• Polynomials (Roots, factors)
• Integrals (By parts, by substitution, partial fraction decomposition), definite and indefinite integral
• Curve Sketching (Derivation, roots, extremes, inflection points)
• Matrices (adding, multiplying, determinant (2x2, Sarrus, Laplace), inverse, characteristic polynomial, eigenvalues and -vectors, kernel, rank, Gauss-algorithm, LSE)
Unlimited access to all Premium features with one of the following subscriptions:
• 1 month for 8,99 USD
• 3 months for 17,99 USD (5.99 USD / month)
• 6 months for 23,99 USD (3.99 USD / month)
• 12 months for 35,99 USD (2.99 USD / month)
Your subscription will automatically renew after 1, 3, 6 or 12 months depending on your chosen subscription and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions or concerns to: email@example.com
• 2D-input of formulae (without edit line), combined with intelligent parentheses — like a calculator without complicated commands
• Intelligent suggestions and approaches to the solution
• Detailed Step-by-Step solutions, like those of a private tutor — with displayable steps and sub-steps
• Comprehensive mathematical explanations — for each step and notion
• Exercises and test results in the cloud — available on all iOS devices
• Interactive graphs incl. graphical curve sketching
• New calculator — shows computations in steps
• Choice of the unknown
• Sharing functions — Exercises and solutions can be posted on Facebook and sent by eMail
• Automatically saves calculated exercises
• Problem-specific help
• Exercises — subdivided by topic and level
• Training mode — afterwards each problem can be analyzed step-by-step
• Test mode for a realistic assessment of skills
• Test results and statistics show progress over time
• Tests and exercises were created in cooperation with experienced pedagogues and private tutors
• MATH 42 works without templates or pre-calculated solutions
• MATH 42 solves all problems on the fly, like a teacher at the board
• MATH 42 is a real symbolic algebra system
• MATH 42 bases on artificial intelligence — intelligent approaches,…
• MATH 42 works offline — it doesn’t need an internet connection
• The entire intelligence lies within MATH 42 itself
What's New in Version 2.0
MATH 42 version 2.0 is a completely redesigned and redeveloped program. It only overtook the appearance, the systematics and the intelligence.
• Exercises and test results are in the Cloud and available to registered users on all their iOS devices.
• MATH 42 2.0 has a new 2D-entry combined with intelligent parentheses — it works like a common calculator but without the complex syntax.
• The keyboard offers the following new functions: n-th root, GCD, LCM, factorial, absolute value, arc-sin/-cos/-tan, rad/deg, inequations, vectors and nxm matrices.
All mathematics present in MATH 42 1.7 and everything that has been free up until now, stays free in MATH 42 2.0.
New Premium Features are available for 30 days for free for registered users. From then on they are available through a monthly subscription;
• Equations: substitution ans numerical solutions
• Case distinction for equations with absolute values and inequations.
• Analysis: Integrals (By parts, by substitution, partial fraction decomposition), definite- and indefinite integral, curve sketching (Derivatives, roots, extremes, inflection points)
• Linear algebra: vectors and matrices (Adding, multiplying, determinant (2x2, Sarrus, Laplace), inverse, characteristic polynomial, eigenvalues and -vectors, kernel, rank, Gauss-algorithm, LSE)
Why did you turn greedy?
I bought the app, now you're making me pay for premium after I updated. You just took features that I paid for out of the app and now I have to pay to get them back. It's an unfair update. I used it usually to graph equations. Now I have to pay for that feature, meanwhile you claim "All that was free until now is still free in this version." Which is an obvious lie. It took me weeks to find the "exponent" button. Add clunkiness and slow responses, and yay! You've lost a customer and fanboy. Congratulations. I see you tried to copy Wolfram Alpha, Calculator∞ by Mobis and Symbolab. I use all 3 now. They perform so many features that you're trying to charge extra $35 for, including calculus, matrices, curve sketching, volume of revolution and things your premium cannot even do, like stock index, weather data, which is continually updated, and logic. What's better, they cost less than $15 combined including all upgrades. And they actually do it better and include steps, explanations, 3D graphs and other functions. It was nice knowing you, and I regret recommending you to my friends. They were all angry at me and frankly I understand why. But thank you for allowing me to find better alternatives like Wolfram Alpha, Calculator∞ by Mobis and Symbolab. Guess your greedy "update" wasn't bad after all. Now I don't even use Mathematica on my computer anymore. I can do ANY math problem on my phone all thanks to you and Professor Greedy.
This program is able to perform basic math but is not fully ready for complex problems. I tried several complex equations that other calculators and apps had no problem with but this one got many of those wrong.
Also, I fully understand the need to charge a fee for your time and effort but a monthly subscription is a bad idea. There are several advanced Calculator apps that are more robust that perform symbolic algebra and calculus for a reasonable one time fee.
I really liked the app and it's new features — but I dislike how you're asking for a subscription now. You'll lose a lot of users (incl. me). Make the new features free to use! I'd willingly donate to this group if a donate button is placed in the application — but paying for a great app that had been free all this time breaks my heart. I liked you guys. You're losing me now. :/
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 14, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cogeon Gesellschaft für intelligente Lösungen mbH
- © Cogeon • Berlin • 2010 - 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Abo$8.99
- Premium Features Abo$35.99
- Premium Features Abo$17.99