By Cogeon GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MATH 42 helps middle-school-, high-school- and college-students to understand mathematics better. It helps them with homework, ahead of tests and during studies with (1) intelligent approaches to the solution, (2) Step-by-Step solutions and (3) a training- and test-mode. Exercises and solutions can be posted on Facebook and sent by eMail.
FREE MATHEMATICAL FEATURES
All math that was free up until now will also be available for free in this version of MATH 42.
• Simplifications and transformations (Signs, combining, factorizing, binomial decomposition, …)
• Fractions (adding, reducing, multiplying, simplifying, GCD, LCM, …)
• Logarithms and trigonometric functions (rad/deg)
• Linear equations
• Fractional equations
• Quadratic equations
• Systems of equations (linear and non-linear)
• Polynomial long division
• Derivation (sums, exponents, products, quotients, chain, powers, roots, trigonometry, …)
• Graphical Curve Sketching (Derivation, roots, extremes, inflection points, poles, asymptotical functions, intersection points)
PREMIUM MATHEMATICAL FEATURES
The Premium features are available for registered users for free for one month. From there on they’ll be available through a subscription.
• Equations of higher degree (numerical solutions, substitution)
• Exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric equations (Substitution)
• Absolute value and inequations (Case distinction)
• Polynomials (Roots, factors)
• Integrals (By parts, by substitution, partial fraction decomposition), definite and indefinite integral
• Curve Sketching (Derivation, roots, extremes, inflection points)
• Matrices (adding, multiplying, determinant (2x2, Sarrus, Laplace), inverse, characteristic polynomial, eigenvalues and -vectors, kernel, rank, Gauss-algorithm, LSE)
Unlimited access to all Premium features with one of the following subscriptions:
• 1 month for 8,99 USD
• 3 months for 17,99 USD (5.99 USD / month)
• 6 months for 23,99 USD (3.99 USD / month)
• 12 months for 35,99 USD (2.99 USD / month)
Your subscription will automatically renew after 1, 3, 6 or 12 months depending on your chosen subscription and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions or concerns to: email@example.com
• 2D-input of formulae (without edit line), combined with intelligent parentheses — like a calculator without complicated commands
• Intelligent suggestions and approaches to the solution
• Detailed Step-by-Step solutions, like those of a private tutor — with displayable steps and sub-steps
• Comprehensive mathematical explanations — for each step and notion
• Exercises and test results in the cloud — available on all iOS devices
• Interactive graphs incl. graphical curve sketching
• New calculator — shows computations in steps
• Choice of the unknown
• Sharing functions — Exercises and solutions can be posted on Facebook and sent by eMail
• Automatically saves calculated exercises
• Problem-specific help
• Exercises — subdivided by topic and level
• Training mode — afterwards each problem can be analyzed step-by-step
• Test mode for a realistic assessment of skills
• Test results and statistics show progress over time
• Tests and exercises were created in cooperation with experienced pedagogues and private tutors
• MATH 42 works without templates or pre-calculated solutions
• MATH 42 solves all problems on the fly, like a teacher at the board
• MATH 42 is a real symbolic algebra system
• MATH 42 bases on artificial intelligence — intelligent approaches,…
• MATH 42 works offline — it doesn’t need an internet connection
• The entire intelligence lies within MATH 42 itself
What's New in Version 2.2.0
The update provides a complete overhaul of the mathematical explanations and definitions, which greatly enhances the learning experience of the students. It enables them to understand every concept and notion, that was formerly too difficult to grasp.
MATH 42 2.2 is 10x - 100x faster compared to previous versions, which makes MATH 42 even snappier than before.
Examples why not ready
This program is able to perform basic math and tries to show the process on how to solve the problem but it's not ready for more complex problems. I tried several problems that other calculators and apps had no problem with but this one got many of those wrong. One of the examples: 3^(x+1)=9^(x^2). Solving for x should give 1 and -1/2 but this program just subtracts one side from the other and gives 0. It can't find x and this is merely a high school algebra problem. Another one: 3x^3+2x^2-3x-2=0. Roots are -1, 1, -2/3. This app just chokes. Again this is high school algebra!
I fully understand the need to charge a fee for your time and effort in creating this app but a recurring subscription is a bad idea for this app when it's just not ready yet. There are several advanced Calculator apps that are more capable that perform symbolic algebra and calculus for a very reasonable one time fee.
Help me a lot with my homework specially with the graph in algebraic concept! The answers are clear and show you how to get there point by point!! Another good thing is you don't need to use a laptop or pc to see the graph! You can see it on your smartphone directly! App works very good on iPhone6s Plus!!! For the next update, it will be very helpful if they add absolute value, interval notation, slope intercept form, etc.
For help with more difficult problems, this app was very helpful.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 27, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cogeon Gesellschaft für intelligente Lösungen mbH
- © Cogeon • Berlin • 2010 - 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Abo$2.99
- Premium Features Abo$11.99
- Premium Features Abo$5.99
- Premium Features Abo$7.99