Mental Math is fun with Math Balance - kids help Toby reach home by balancing bridges and while they have fun, they also learn about equality/comparison, gain flexibility with numbers and practice skills that are essential for understanding algebra.
This mental math game with 30 levels will help your child get necessary fluidity with numbers. Your child will learn things like addition can happen in any order for the same result, or that sum of different numbers can add up to be the same number. They will also end up having to use different number strategies, such as bridging and compensation which can significantly speed up their mental math computations.
These are the skills covered by Math Balance -
- Developing meaning of equal sign, using, greater than and less than sign
- Set up numbers in their expanded form
- Commutative property of addition and, later, using it and expanded form as a strategy to add ex: 67+25 = 60+7+20+5 = 80+12 =92
- Missing Addend strategies:x+b=c, where x is to be found, situations where difference is unknown, where there is a bigger unknown and where there is a smaller unknown -one step problems
- Showing that addition and subtraction are inverse; 4+5=9, 9-5=4
- Use only doubles, Use only even/odd numbers to get to a total
- 1 step word problems -Change unknown, Result unknown, Start unknown
- add a string of two-digit numbers (up to four numbers) by applying place value strategies and properties of operations.
Example: 43 + 34 + 57 + 24 = __
- Using concrete models to show addition and subtraction
- Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100–900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100–900
- Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction
- Multiplication as repeated addition
For those who follow the Core curriculum, this maps to the following core standards - 2.OA.B.2, 2.NBT.4, 2.OA.2, 1.OA.6, 2.OA.C.3, 2.OA.1, 2.NBT.6, 2.NBT.7, 2.NBT.8, 3.NBT.2.
- Math Balance can be purchased standalone, or as part of a makkajai Genius subscription.
- Makkajai Genius subscriptions are auto-renewable and annual. ($29.99/yr)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- Cancellation will not go into effect until the end of the monthly billing cycle
For support, questions or comments, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome!!!! Love how it can be a little Challenging sometimes but you work through it. Love how the round head dude dabs at the end of the level. The only thing is, there are only 30 levels, and when you finish all 30... is the app going to be junk? Anyway, the app is so cool!
Great until you get so far
The game is great until you get so far into it and then it tells you you have to pay to go any farther my son completed the game in less then 15 minutes not worth the download
This is so awesome!!! Thanks for giving it away for free!!
- Makkajai Edu Tech Private Limited
- 84.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Makkajai Edu Tech Private Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Version $7.99
- Genius Annual Subscription $29.99
- Makkajai Genius Annual Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.