Math Fact Master: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
By TicTapTech, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OVER 300,000 DOWNLOADS!
Quotes from recent reviews:
• "I am a teacher. I love this app! You thought of everything and put it in simple form..."
• "As a teacher & parent, I think this is the Best Math Fact App yet. It has all 4 operations and allows you to choose exactly which #'s to drill"
• “I have purchased many math apps for my 3rd grader and this is the one!!! It has everything I have been looking for. "
• "...This is well worth the $0.99 which is cheaper than a single pack of flashcards..."
This app's core concept was to create a flexible solution that a grade school child can easily navigate and that is robust enough to grow with your child as they grow their math knowledge.
• FLASHCARD mode (practice) – Allows children to practice specific number sets and operators in the proven learning style of flashcards. Watch the flashcards flip like real flashcards!
• CHALLENGE mode (exam) – Lets children test what they have learned by having to type in the answer
• SIMPLE and FLEXIBLE –
› Simple enough for your child to set and use
› Flexible - Choose ANY combination of operators and number sets
• PROFILES - Add unlimited number of profiles to monitor each child's progress
• PROGRESS REPORTS! - Flexible reporting allows you to filter on numerous items to see your child's progress.
› EMAIL Progress Reports - Ability to send your results to teachers, parents, or whoever! (Note: An active email account must be setup on the device to use this feature.)
• ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLICATION, DIVISION
• NUMBER SETS - We designed the app to start at a beginner’s level, but the difficulty can be increased by changing the settings. When working on the number sets with the default settings you will only be adding 0-9 to the selected number set or multiplying each number set by 0-9. (with corresponding subtraction and division problems) In settings, you can change the range from 0-9, to 0-12, 0-15, or 0-20.
• SETTINGS menu -
› Settings are customizable for each profile.
› Ability to change the range of numbers from 0-9, to 0-12, 0-15, or 0-20.
› Ability to select the number of problems to work in Challenge mode
› Ability to set whether missed problems are repeated
› Ability to display a timer in Challenge mode
• RESULTS menu – Results screen displays after completing a set:
› Summary by operator and number set shows the number of items answered right and wrong
› Detailed listing of any actual problems missed - Note: When the problems missed are listed, they are shown with what the correct answer should be, not with the incorrect answer typed by the user. This way the user can study the solutions and try to do better next time.
› Timed results – Gauge your child's aptitude by reviewing the time to complete a number set. Encourage your child to “beat their time".
**If you like "Math Fact Master", check out our fun math facts games:
› Star Math
› Mathopolis: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
What's New in Version 4.7
Saves me from drilling
My 3rd grader is using this app to practice her math facts daily, as assigned in her homework. I really appreciate not having to do flash cards with her, or call out problems. I like that I can look over her progress and see how much she did, and that you can create different profiles (even my kindergartener enjoys adding and subtracting for a few minutes on the app.)
Suggestion: allow a cap of how many problems when selecting more than one factor. Otherwise, it gets very long.
Also, we've had an issue with the app where the numbers disappear from the screen in challenge mode after you tap on them. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
I like the drill aspect of this app. Get through as many problems as possible helps when it comes time to being tested in school. It isn't entertaining, it's just basic learning, like electronic flash cards.
The problem? Every so often, it says the answer is wrong, when it is correct. My son was getting frustration, so I took over entering the answer in. I'd assumed he was typing it incorrectly. However, when I entered "48" for the 4x12, I was told it was wrong. Uh, no, it's not. Then it tells me the correct answer is "48".
I'm not sure how that will help with either of my kids, if a right answer is said to be wrong. So I'll continue with one on one studying as we've been doing all summer.
I'm a 27 year old man that has always been afraid of learning in front of others. I didn't learn multiplication facts in grades school but somehow I've made through most of my schooling without learning. This app is helping me to learn the basics I didn't. It is easy to use. It is fluid. Mostly importantly it allows the users to control exactly what you want to learn.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 27, 2014
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: TicTapTech, LLC
- © 2015 TicTapTech LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.