MATH GRAPHING 2.0 is a unique graphing app to plot simultaneously multiple mathematical expressions of arbitrary complexity using static and dynamic variables (including a time variable and random generation functions). It also includes a standard calculator mode that allows simultaneous evaluations of any number of intermediary variables.
"Math Graphing" can help students improve their math skills by developing some visual intuition of mathematical expressions or advanced users who need some scientific capabilities only available with expensive desktop software.
MATH GRAPHING provides the following functionalities:
- Multiple expressions with quasi-unlimited number of variables can be combined to produce simple or complex formulas.
- Interactive sliders can be created to visually investigate the role of important parameters on the graphical representation of the formulas.
- Trace mode to display coordinates and derivative of marker on selected curve.
- Landscape mode for graphing.
- Solver tool to solve y = f(x) where x or y are unknown, local/global minima/maxima/extrema or intersections g(x) = f(x).
- Formula graphs can be saved to the device's Photos Album and the formulas can be exported through email with embedded graphs.
- Add any formula or calculation to your list of favorites (in-app purchase).
- Several formulas can be plotted simultaneously in different colors and styles.
- Customizable graph appearance: axes labels and ranges, title, curve color and style, ticks number, grid, legends, etc.
- A single-precision calculator supporting multiple variables.
Example of mathematical expression:
# Gabor function with multiple plots
# 2 static parameters: center & phase
center = 0; phase = 90
# 2 dynamic parameters: sigma & freq
sigma = 1:50; freq = 0:0.2
u = cos(2*pi*(x-50)*freq+phase*pi/180)
v = e^(-((x-center)^2)/(2*sigma^2))
y = u*v
plot(u,'lr'); plot(v,'lg'); plot(y,'lw')
Please visit our "Math Graphing" web page (http://ios.kybervision.com/mathgraphing/) to learn more about "Math Graphing"!
About KyberVision Japan LLC: we provide consulting, research and development services in Vision Sciences. We also develop vision-related applications for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch platform, that are spin-off products of Psykinematix, our Mac OS X flagship product in the field of Visual Psychophysics. Feel free to subscribe to our newsletter at http://iphone.kybervision.com.
Add a title and values of dynamic variables to tabulated data copied from the solver module
Additional functions: Student's t-distribution pdf and Chi-Square Distribution cdf functions
Shake the device to reset the axes with a 1:1 aspect ratio
Minor bug fixes in interface orientation change
Ratings and Reviews
The order of math operations is set incorrectly.
In the script of graphical representation of functions, the order of math operations is incorrectly set in this app. For instance, in the current version,
y = -x^2;
is interpreted as
y = (-x)^2; // Wrong!
Obviously this is wrong interpretation of formula, and is caused by the incorrect math operation order in this app.
It must be interpreted as
y = -(x^2); // Correct!
because "^" the "to the power of" operator precedes "-" the sign operator.
So, in this example unless additional parentheses used around the "x to the power of 2" exclusively to force them have a higher operation order, the formula becomes completely wrong.
When I found this app, I was very excited and immediately had started using it. However, I became very disappointed and frustrated when I had found this problem in the app.
At first I like this app because its script syntax looks almost compatible to Matlab or Scilab those I have used for a long time.
Also it has very nice GUI interface, especially the feature of graphical representation of functions is one of the best features. Also capability of zooming the graphical representation allows user to be able to trace down details of functions without doing any effort on the equations, formulas at all. That was mostly reason for my excitement when I found this app.
So I hope there would be a revision of this app asap that has fixed the problem mentioned above. I am looking forward to seeing that revision soon enough. That's why I am not rating this app as the lowest for now.
I do not understand the one-star raters. Some understanding of mathematics is needed, obviously. If you do not have that, don't rate and mislead others.
This is a powerful, flexible, easy-to-use app. The instructions are clear, and the examples are helpful. I think this is a great app. My only criticism is that the numbers along the axes are too small. They should be adjustable.
This app is amazing and works great. Looking forward for additional features.
BTW the one star reviewer should revise his algebra: y = x*(x+2) works fine, just don't forget the * for multiplication...
- KYBERVISION JAPAN LLC
- 7.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 KyberVision Japan LLC
- In-App Purchases
- PowerPack $4.99
- PowerUpgrade $1.99
- Calculator Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.