MathBoard now supports iCloud Syncing, along with a host of other newer technologies, like Text to Speech as well as Speech Input, the Apple Pencil, Slide Over and Split Views and more.
MathBoard® is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children. Beginning in kindergarten, with simple addition and subtraction problems, through elementary school where learning multiplication and division can be a real challenge. MathBoard will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:
“This is the best integer practice app or program I have found in 34 years of teaching math.”- Tim Seiber, Math Teacher
“MathBoard has charm without losing track of its fundamental purpose (Arithmetic drills).” - MacWorld (4 out of 5 mice)
“MathBoard is a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. The number of customization options available makes this a brilliant app for making math fun for elementary school children.” - androapple
- Random equation generation for Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Squares, Cubes, and Square Root problems.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem and the ability to omit negative answers.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x-8=2; 5x=25).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting, addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- iCloud (syncing) support.
- Support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Support for the Apple Pencil.
- Keyboard commands.
Additional bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, clunky settings interface
The fact you can’t type in the ranges but have to hold down a button like an old fashioned digital alarm clock to set the number range, is really strange. Let me type in 423 if that’s what I want to set instead of having to scroll there.
Otherwise it’s a great app for kids to practice maths. There are no silly games or animations to distract them; their whole attention is on solving the math problem. It’s wonderfully unmontesori (sp?).
Improve the settings interface and you have my unqualified 5 start endorsement.
Used to be better
Years ago I gave this app 5 stars. With each new release, they have started to add unnecessary bloat to the software that is making less usable. My kids have a certain amount of time to finish math board assignments. Now they cannot because of the slow and lingering "Correct" that flashes on the screen. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Not good anymore.
Can’t filing how to turn off the stupid voice. I’m an engineer brushing up on my mental math. I don’t want to hear this voice. Also, I can’t find anything in the settings.
When I try to contact the developer through their app, there’s a nonfunctional parental lock for roughing three circles. Not working. I’ve had this app since iPhone 5, and it was great then. Ever since, the added features are just making it worse.
I’ll find another app. This isn’t rocket science, and for the price they want for this, it’s a rip off.
Response to developer: The three circles approach is not working as stated in the review.
@micky1999234 -- You can contact support at email@example.com when needed. As for not being able to deactivate the voice, this was an issue on the iPhone in version 3.3.3 which has since been corrected in version 3.3.4. As for the parental lock you need to touch all three circles at the same time.
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright ©2010-18 palasoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.