Solves math problems in the blink of an eye.
1 Hold your iPhone or iPad over a math problem.
• MathCam magically shows you the answer with detailed, color coded step-by-step instructions to solve it
• Tap through the solution step-by-step to see the operations update directly in the math problem
• Works with Order of Operations (PEMDAS / BODMAS), Mean, Mode, Median & Range, Multiplication, Division, Subtraction, and Addition problems.
• Works with math problems from paper, workbooks, or directly from computer and device screens
• Works with single line or multiple line math problems
• Works with powers and exponents
• Works with whole numbers and decimal numbers
MathCam View Finder features
• Double-Tap anywhere on screen to change View Finder size and shape
• Drag the View Finder around the screen to scan another problem
• Tap and hold anywhere on the screen to pause scanning
• Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported
What is 9 / 1.5 + 7 (6 + 3(5) / 2.5)?
What is the mean, mode, median & range of 2, 4.5, 6, 7, 3, 4.5, 1, 3, 5?
MathCam can scan these and give the answer in less time than it takes you to read them.
Version 2.2.0 includes processing for:
• Order of Operations (PEMDAS / BODMAS)
• Mean, Median, Mode & Range
• Powers / Exponents
• Trig functions
Improved View Finder:
• 4 sizes available (double-tap on screen to change size)
• Color coded for pause scanning and dragging
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work
This doesn’t work. Great idea though. It just scans and scans then you get an error saying it can’t do algebra (regardless of what you type in)
Thank you for your review. We think it's a great idea too. MathCam works with basic problems; add, subtract, multiply, & divide. It also recognizes and solves mean, mode, median, range and order of operations as shown in the screenshots above. Algebra processing is not included in V2.2.0 but will be added to a future version. Erroneous scans can sometimes occur if the resolution of the screen being scanned is too low or the math problem font is very small. Try zooming the screen to make the math problem bigger and then holding your device further away. This will often work just fine. Double tap the screen to adjust the viewfinder size if you need to.
Works great as shown, just remember to allow access to camera.
Works great on my iPad and even better on my 6s. Not perfect but with decent lighting and a good problem, works almost instantly! I'm actually very impressed with the speed once you have a nicely lit typed out problem. The update also helps the visual aesthetic. Works well on printed problems, not really hand written.
It's not the best app but it can do some of the simpler problems. When I tried it could do negatives though.
- TURTLE BEACH STUDIO LLC
- 33.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Turtle Beach Studio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- MathCam Upgrade $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.