Mathematics with PocketCAS pro - Calculus, (Linear) Algebra, Graphing Calculator and more!
By Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
What's New in Version 3.6.4
Thanks for reading these release notes ;-) You'd do me a huge favor by leaving a positive review on the App Store! If you already posted one for an older version of PocketCAS, please submit it again to make sure that it shows up for the latest version. A good App Store rating is extremely important to me :-)
This version fixes some more crashing bugs. Please apologize these updates - there are some changesin iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite that had more consequences than expected.
I cannot find a better CAS app in the apple app store or in the google play app store. One very nice thing about this app is how it allows you to create documents which can contain calculations and graphs. For example you can have it solve an equation in x, in a calculation step, and then follow that step with a plotting step that plots the solution to the equation, simply by plotting "Ans". You can also easily pepper your calculations with comments so you know what you were doing if you come back to them later. Another very nice thing about this app is how you can zoom in and out on plots in the standard apple fashion. Even more, by pressing on the line of a graph pocketCAS will allow you to slide along the graph all the while displaying x and y coordinates. And it allows you to see a table of coordinate points. It works very well with complex numbers and symbolic calculations. For all the features you get this app is amazing!
Hard to find many negatives with this app, so I will list the positives. If you are an engineering/physics/math student, then this application is for you! The graphs are wonderful, they show rate of change and now also scale properly. The PDF export option is really useful. The developer releases regular updates, that alone really makes this app worth the price. If I had any complaint, it would be that I feel the tutorials should have more content, but that is just nitpicking.
Fixing-bugs is fast.
in previous version,some functions can not be plotted such as (e^(1/x)-1)/(e^(1/x)+1)*atan(1/x).but it is fixed now!!!After I mailed this bug, tech-team replied me in one day. then this version truly fixed that. Thank to the tech-team which made this!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 18, 2015
- Version: 3.6.4
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- © 2014 Daniel Alm
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.