Designed in collaboration with school teachers, Mathsplat™ - Slime Subtraction is part of the Mathsplat app series which do two things that many other math apps don't. It entertains children AND uniquely gives them techniques to learn how to mentally solve the problem.
Meets USA K12 Common Core State Standards (Grade 1, Grade 2) and UK National Curriculum (Foundation, Y1) and many similar standards worldwide. Designed for those first learning subtraction, it can also be used for practicing subtraction within 100.
- Interactive math equations.
- By manipulating the equation kids can use an interactive number line, use a math fact family triangle, or partition to get to the nearest ten.
- Comprehensive settings allow parents and teachers to control all aspects of the game, and store three different set-ups.
- Unlimited user profiles. A record of each session is stored in a local database searchable by name.
- Engaging for children of all ages.
- Interactive math equations allow children to use the mathematics tools and techniques taught in school. By manipulating the equation they can use an interactive number line, use a math fact family triangle, or partition to get to the nearest ten.
- Comprehensive settings allow parents and teachers to create varied lesson plans, and control all aspects of the game.
- Engaging for children of all ages. Fill the space monster with colorful slime then collect the rocket stages and launch your rocket at the end of the game. Make math more fun whilst maintaining a strong educational purpose, which is not lost in the game. The reward is fun, not coins, gems or stickers!
- The app gives metrics at the end of each round which are stored in an internal database for future reference.
Each question correctly answered fills the space monster with colorful slime giving children the anticipation of getting slimed. Then collect the rocket stages and launch your rocket at the end of the game. Make math more fun whilst maintaining a strong educational purpose, which is not lost in the game. The reward is fun, not coins, gems or stickers!
Number facts are called out by a friendly child voice (British English), and there are several ways that learning is reinforced, by confirmation and repetition. When a wrong answer is given it stays in view so that the child can think about what is wrong.
Designed with teachers in mind the app can be customised in many ways, including a classroom mode which prevents children exiting the game. We listened to teachers about how long the iPad session should last. Metrics record which tools the child uses, time to answer and number of attempts. You can set up three different lesson plans for the child to select.
About app patch:
The people at app patch watched our own children using our devices and set about to develop high quality, fun and educational apps that will occupy your kids for hours! Our moto is 'where apps grow' and through this app little imaginations grow! We are a proud member of Moms With Apps.
About Moms With Apps:
The Know What's Inside logo is a signal to parents that this app is designed with privacy in mind. We care about parents and kids enjoying technology together. We have committed to tell you how our apps work, so you know what to expect.
app patch are keen to hear back from parents and teachers on how we can improve our apps. Please leave positive feedback on the app store or contact us via our website or Facebook page.
- You can now add to your rocket collection with two great optional rocket packs.
- For a time Mathsplat will be a free app with advertising but those who purchased earlier versions can turn off the adverts under settings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.