**From the creators of Endless Alphabet and the other award-winning, teacher-approved Endless early learning apps.
MathTango is a groundbreaking app that makes learning addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division truly fun for kids aged 5-10 (Grades K-5)!
Kids will learn more and learn faster with a unique, classroom-tested combination of math puzzles (incorporating modern techniques that make math easier and more intuitive) and classic “world-building” activities found in games.
Kids will progress through dozens of math lessons as they earn monsters, complete missions, build out their own unique worlds, and discover even more fun and surprises along the way. While they’re having great fun, you’ll know they’re learning!
- Over 500 addition, subtraction, multiplication and division puzzles covering 40+ math levels and reviews, followed by a free play mode with more math puzzles for lesson reinforcement and advanced play.
- Addition and subtraction lessons include 5 unique puzzle types that cover: adding single digit numbers; adding doubles; making 10 to add 9; subtracting single digit numbers, and subtracting single digit numbers from double digit numbers.
- Multiplication and division lessons include 7 different puzzle types that cover multiplying with factors of 0 through 10 and dividing by 1 through 10.
- Gameplay is structured around two worlds: Island mode (addition and subtraction) and Space mode (multiplication and division). Each world involves an ever growing number of missions that must be completed to earn unique characters, and dozens of in-game items to customize the worlds.
- Player hints and tips make math lessons very clear to understand.
- 7-day free trial gives you unlimited access to all activities and lessons in the app before paying.
- Designed and developed for children of ages 5-10.
- 100% free of advertisements and offers.
- Learn on the go. You can fully enjoy the entire app even when the device is offline.
- MathTango is a completely original app conceived, developed, and tested by a passionate team of 5 parents at Originator.
MathTango is a subscription service that gives total access to everything available in the app. You can choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Payment will be charged to your Apple iTunes account after the 7-day free trial.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- You can use your subscription on any device registered with your Apple ID. Like all Apple subscriptions, MathTango can’t use family sharing to share subscriptions across different Apple IDs.
- Cancel your subscription anytime without a cancellation fee through Account Settings on your device.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing like any of their previous games
It has some of the whimsy, but that's it. The UI is a confusing mess for kids and adults alike, it uses 3D poorly and makes it hard to see and interact with the objects in the game (no camera control and confusing layout reminiscent of mid-90’s games - in a bad way). It’s reading heavy which makes it unsuitable for young children who otherwise could benefit. So far I can’t locate anything to do other than the column block adding game, which is so repetitive even my four year old groans at it (14’s *again*?). Nothing about it is approachable, entertaining, or fun. It’s rote drilling of the worst kind. The whole purchase system feels like this was going to be a F2P micro transaction abomination, not an enjoyable educational title.
Developer Response ,
MathTango is an app for older kids 6-9 years old who are much more sophisticated and savvy than the 3-5 year olds using our Endless apps. We felt this was the right balance of Education+Fun for a more choiceful audience who are already playing real games from the App Store. So far so good based on child, parent and teacher feedback!
The BEST math app for kids 4 and up.
I have tried many math apps for my 2 kids, now 4 and 7. This is the only one that they both love to play and don’t feel like it is work. It is really well done. They always want to get more monsters and build their city. It’s very fun but they also learn through the puzzles. It starts off with adding 0’s and 1’s to doubles to double digits etc....A big tip would be to edit the curriculum (it’s easy, you can just click the topics) so it can focus in on your child’s level or it allows you to focus on an area you think they need more practice on. Also, the support for the app is excellent. I emailed them a question and they responded with a helpful answer almost immediately.
We need more missions!
My four-year-old loves loves LOOOOOVES this game and powered through all the missions before the free trial was over. He wept when he reached the end of the missions. I had to create two new ones for him and draw him new monsters. We tried the space game, but he just doesn’t like that setting, he is so attached to his island and his monsters. (He was thrilled to see Isaac at the space station, but then the second character is a new robot.) I was more than willing to pay the monthly subscription fee for a game he loves this much, but we just need more! Please issue more missions, and we would really love if we could do multiplication and division in the island game and not just the space station one.
- Originator Inc.
- 1 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Originator Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $5.99
- Complete Pack $11.99
- Annual Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.